Error | EventType clr20r3

As errors go I found this one is pretty horrific.

I got the error deploying a windows service written in .net 3.5 from my Vista x86 dev rig, to a 2003 x86 server.  Only having the .NET runtime installed on the server I wrapped the service up in a deployment project.  The service installed fine, however when trying to start the service I got a "The service did not respond in a timely manner" error.  Initially, like you would, I thought there was probably an error with my code in the OnStart method, but alas nothing in my beautifully crafted exception logging framework(!), over to the event viewer and this little beauty!

The complete error is...

EventType clr20r3, P1 <servicename.exe>, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4816d837, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 36d5, P8 7f, P9 system.argumentexception, P10 NIL.

The error is titled...

.NET 2.0 Runtime error. (Which through me a little, I'm on .net 3.5!!)

After some intense googling I have pretty much "Jack", no clear answer from the MS forums, despite input from MSFT staff.  Something that kept popping up was that I was referencing something in the framework that wasn't installed on the server.  So I checked every reference manually on the server, I even thought there might be a problem because some of the .NET dll's on my machine are in "/ProgramFiles (x86)/...." the server not being x64 didn't have this folder so, I created it! (Not convinced, but worth a shot!) Nope, same error.

Right, most who have seen this error report no problem on their dev machine with VS installed and get it on machines with just the runtime installed.  So, feck it, I installed VS 2008 on the server (clutching right!), I just though perhaps there was something VS installed that I was referencing somewhere...at the very least I would have debug tools installed, speed up the process and could rule it out.  Nope, same error.  Now I can't actually attach a debugger to the process can I, as the service hasn't won't start!

This is mental!  As far as I was concerned I had nowhere else to go.  By the way, somewhere in there I actually tried to run the service on a different x64 2003 server, but still the same error.  I got another service I have been working on, hacked it about so it would build and run (making sure I was referencing the same libraries as original project).  Same drill, wrapped it in an installer, spun it up on the server, started first time!!!  Right, nothing to do with the framework, clearly the issue is local to my project.

I created a new project and copied in any custom classes and basically replicated exactly what the problem service was doing, IT WORKED.  The only thing different, when I created the first project, I deleted the "Service1" that the project template creates.

If you have made it this far down the post in anticipation of the first cause and "concrete" solution for this error, I am sorry to disappoint, but all I have is it to create a new project and start again...VS must be doing/wanting something weird in the background.  After wasting a hours on this I don't have the inclination of patience to look further/deeper.

Perhaps someone has had similar experiences with the error and could enlighten the rest of us?

Print | posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:57 PM

Left by Dave Gruska at 6/6/2008 6:36 PM
Gravatar Sorry, I can't offer any enlightenment, but I did get a similar error with a Windows service that had been running without problems for over 7 months:

EventType clr20r3 ... P9 system.exception

I couldn't find any reason for the error, and when the service ran today, it worked fine, and when I manually ran the service, it worked fine again. I'm keeping an eye on it, and have some more logging set up now to try to catch it if it happens again.

BTW, you probably already know this (since you said it just threw you a little), but .NET 3.5 and 3.0 both use the 2.0 CLR with add-on classes, etc. So unfortunately everything seems to get reported as 2.0.

Left by You're not alone at 6/30/2008 7:17 PM
Gravatar Your not alone, we've recently encountered the same issue. I suspect it was a recent patch, but I'm still looking.

Further debug info for analysis: our error is thrown from pre-existing console apps (vb.net 2.0) that run every few hours on a schedule. The apps, of course, have not changed in quite some time which makes me think it was a patch (about the only thing that happens on this machine). The other quirk is that it is not every time -- maybe once a day or two. Most of the time, the apps run just fine.

If I find a solution, I'll try to remember to post it here for you.

Left by Martin Jimenez at 7/15/2008 6:49 PM
Gravatar Hi!! I had the same error. I write the windows service and tried install with installutil and showed the error, but I added lines into the Main method added funtionality for install and uninstall the service.
if (args.Length > 0)
{
opt = args[0];

if (opt != null && opt.ToLower() == "/install")
{
TransactedInstaller ti = new TransactedInstaller();
ProjectInstaller pi = new ProjectInstaller();

ti.Installers.Add(pi);

string path = string.Format("/assemblypath={0}",
Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location);
string[] cmdline = { path };
InstallContext ctx = new InstallContext("", cmdline);

ti.Context = ctx;

try
{
ServiceController mService = new ServiceController("ucServices");
if (mService.DisplayName != string.Empty)
{
if (mService.CanStop)
{
mService.Stop();
mService.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus.Stopped);
}
ti.Uninstall(null);
}
}
catch (System.Exception)
{
}

ti.Install(new Hashtable());

}
else if (opt != null && opt.ToLower() == "/uninstall")
{
TransactedInstaller ti = new TransactedInstaller();
ProjectInstaller mi = new ProjectInstaller();
ti.Installers.Add(mi);
string path = string.Format("/assemblypath={0}",
Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location);
string[] cmdline = { path };
InstallContext ctx = new InstallContext("", cmdline);
ti.Context = ctx;
ti.Uninstall(null);
}

the projectinstaller contains the serviceprocessinstaller and serviceinstaller object

Left by Kevin at 8/28/2008 2:10 PM
Gravatar I had this same issue and ended up resolving it by removing default references that were unused. There must have been an exception happening in one of those dlls.

Left by kristin at 9/24/2008 3:33 PM
Gravatar I had the same problem with a school software program. The download from Microsoft at the link below fixed the error.

# re: Error clr20r3

Problem Signature 06: 48693a22
Problem Signature 07: 4
Problem Signature 08: 2a
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

pls help me to install it

Left by Justin at 10/28/2008 10:26 AM
Gravatar Description:

Problem Signature 01: manager.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 485c07b7
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4536f11f
Problem Signature 07: 2bd4
Problem Signature 08: 46
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

My App has installed, but will not start given above errors. Any way 'round this. Windows Vista 32. Any help greatly appreciated

Left by Stuart at 11/5/2008 11:52 AM
Gravatar I had this nasty come up. Thanks for the posts above they helped me work out that I was missing a DLL in my install.

Left by orenet at 11/6/2008 6:54 PM
Gravatar Hello. I get this error trying to start the new software program: Xheaders.com . I continually get the error :CLR20r3 with the Description:

Problem Signature 01: xheader.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.3224.29275
Problem Signature 03: 49088c36
Problem Signature 04: System.Xml
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 47577dd0
Problem Signature 07: 6c0
Problem Signature 08: 27
Problem Signature 09: System.Xml.XmlException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Left by ALdeC at 11/10/2008 6:15 AM
Gravatar Hi You're not alone,

I have also a scheduled task program that most of the time, the application is running perfectly. But sometimes, but not everyday, it will stop running 1 to 3 times a day.

Did you find a soution for this?
Thanks in advanced.

Left by Lior Salem at 11/12/2008 2:09 PM
Gravatar Hi guys,
for what it's worth, I had this same problem today and after wrapping the Main() method with try-catch block with a messageBox to show the exception.ToString() (a suggestion I saw here... thanks) I found that the problem was when trying to use Assembly.GetTypes() and I had a file missing where one of the types declared in the Assembly inherited from.
(i.e. class A (declared in my assembly) inherits from Class B. Class B is in an assembly that is missing in the folder or GAC)
I found this by running this code on a machine that HAD VS2005 installed on to see what types I was trying to get. then, traced each type and all it's base classes to see that all required assemblies could be found. Again, there was one missing.
Hope this helps someone...
Lior.

Left by Javier Carvajal at 11/20/2008 8:21 PM
Gravatar I ran into a similar problem. My string contained system.typeinitialization instead of system.argumentexception, but I believe that both have the same root cause.

What I found is that a static class inside of my service threw an exception in its constructor (kinda weird if you ask me, but I did not designed the service, I just support it). Check your classes, if they are failing when being initialized, you'll lose the specific exception and will get a generic one like the one you comment.

Hope this helps

Left by Real Enviroment Extreme at 12/11/2008 1:31 PM
Gravatar EventType : clr20r3 P1 : rexwxengine.exe P2 : 1.0.3.38666
P3 : 4930c504 P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 4889dc80 P7 : c42
P8 : 59 P9 : system.formatexception

This message come, when i try to launch Real Enviroment Extreme (this is a 3rd party program for Microsoft Flight Sim.X.

Chers, SS.

Left by Real Environment Extreme 2 at 1/25/2009 3:06 PM
Gravatar I also get an error of event type clr20r3 when starting Real Environment Extreme. Without going into detail, debugging this error using Visual Studio 2008 tells me that there is an unhandled exception in module system.drawing.dll, being an argument exception "Font Arial Narrow does not support style 'Bold'". Im am going to post this info at the REX support forum. If Reed at REX can resolve this error, then I'll post the fix here also.

Gerald

Left by Real Environment Extreme 2 at 1/25/2009 4:10 PM
Gravatar Error Resolved!!!!

After some research, I found out that the culprit was the retooled "Arial Narrow" font that was installed with MS Office 2007. There is a hotfix available from Microsoft (KB Article 956514). I requested, downloaded and installed the hotfix, then restarted the computer. I now have "Arial Narrow" supporting the Bold style, and Real Environment Extreme launches without error!

This may not help solve your problem, SS, since it sounds like we have two different errors (argument exception vs. format exception. I hope you find a quick resolution to your error.

Gerald

Left by Riff Raff at 1/30/2009 4:28 PM
Gravatar We had this problem with the system.configuration.dll. Our issue turned out to be that the program was trying to read in a file that had a .config extension on it but was not really a config file (it was just an xml data file with some settings in it).

Prior to the patch, the program would only read this file when it was told to. After it was patched, it tried to read it when the program was run. The program threw an unhandled exception because the xml file was not a valid config file. We changed the name of the file and the program to look for the file with the new name and the problem was solved!

Hope this helps!

Left by ken@elm at 2/5/2009 5:14 PM
Gravatar Got this error after installing a service on one of our servers. The code uses EntLib 3.1 dlls (Logging, etc) and I had failed to put them in the gac. That fixed it! (Note: they weren't in the service's install folder either).

Left by Gabriel Giani at 2/26/2009 1:14 PM
Gravatar I have the same problem with
EventType clr20r3, mscorlib system.argumentexception

I include the try catch in my vb net 2005 program , but the application exit the same. and i can't control the error.

Left by ArAnMaNoTh at 2/26/2009 3:13 PM
Gravatar i get this exception with almost every program i start..and it has been so since almost everything written in almost every window turned to bold and i don't even know how..

Left by jonty at 3/4/2009 12:08 PM
Gravatar Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I ran into this poor error message, found this post, and added Try..Catch.

This showed a mistake in my own code where I was raising an exception and not handling it. I added proper exception handling and the problem is fixed.

So boo to the .Net developer for providing such a poor error message, boo to me for putting bugs in my code, but yey to all you for helping to sort it out.

Left by Maruti at 3/20/2009 8:43 AM
Gravatar Hi all,
i have developed windows service in c#. its main functionality is to get the data sent from some module and write those into some file and intimate some other module that new data is available to process. I am getting this error
EventType clr20r3, P1 appserverlistenerservice.exe, P2 1.0.3191.27014, P3 48dcabb4, P4 appserverlistenerservice, P5 1.0.3191.27014, P6 48dcabb4, P7 7d, P8 68, P9 system.exception, P10 NIL.
sometimes when the service crashes. previously it was giving System.Net.Sockets.SocketException it was because i was trying to close the socket connection now the second error is not coming but the first one i am getting in my production lab but not on my system.
Can you please help me out by giving some clue on this error.
Previously at few places i have not catched systemException but now i have added it and given release but i am not sure it will work. Do i have to do something else along with this?
Any kind of help is appreciated.

Left by Nausea at 4/2/2009 7:28 PM
Gravatar I had this problem also with a 3.5 service. Funny thing is that it would work on XP no problem for testing, but after installing on 2003 Server, it would bomb at startup with the same error (note "P4 system" as original post mentions):
EventType clr20r3, P1 <servicenamehere>, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 49d3d691, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4889de7a, P7 36dc, P8 7f, P9 system.argumentexception, P10 NIL.

Turns out (at least in my case) that my installer did not set the proper credentials (see service Log On tab) and that was the whole issue. Manually reset to a proper account & passwd and all is happy now.
Hope this helps... at least its one more thing to look at :)

Left by Dom at 4/27/2009 4:58 PM
Gravatar Thanks for all the ideas it led me to the solution in my case although it was completely different and I feel kind of silly now. Maybe it will help to someone out there.

So I have WCF service that I’m running in console mode while consuming it in my ASP.NET application. I had quite a few problems with it so I was doing all kinds of stuff debugging it. One of the things I also did is actually installed the service as “windows service” about 2 weeks ago to confirm some of my tests. Well over the weekend if finally rebooted my virtual machine after 2 weeks and when I got in this morning I couldn’t start the service in the console mode anymore getting the “EventType clr20r3” error in event viewer.

Some of you have probably figured out my problem by now but it took me an hour :o).

I already had my service running as it was set to Automatic start and was started during reboot, and then when I tried to start it up in console mode it would crash. So not sure if anyone else is as silly as I am but double check that your service is not already running before you try and start it up again.

Good luck.

Left by Matt Man at 5/5/2009 10:17 PM
Gravatar If you are doing any logging to an EventLog make sure you have it set to Overwrite events as needed or similar. When the event log is full you will also get this cryptic error and the fix is simple.

Left by Edgar Ferreira at 6/1/2009 6:15 PM
Gravatar Hi!
I faced the same issue. I mean, at least the exception seems like the one you describe.
The problem with my application was the settings file 'user.config' placed at 'C:\Documents and Settings\userX\Local settings\Application Data'.

I don't know how, but the file was corrupted and I had to delete it.

Hope this helps,
Edgar

Left by priya at 6/11/2009 12:06 AM
Gravatar Hi.
I get this error trying to audio files download from FTP path. I get the error :CLR20r3 with the Description:

Problem Signature 01: ftpserver.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4a2cd5a9
Problem Signature 04: msccrlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 48ead7c2
Problem Signature 07: df8
Problem Signature 08: f
Problem Signature 09: System.outofmemorryexception
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Left by lei at 6/12/2009 10:42 AM
Gravatar event type: clr20r3
P1: cheatpack detector.exe
p2: 1.0.0.0.0
p3: 483bce8b
p4:mscorlib
p5: 2.0.0.0
p6: 471ebc5b
p7: 1f49
p8: 0
p9: system. typeloadexception

help? anyone?

Left by jk at 7/2/2009 4:18 PM
Gravatar Same error here. If your runtime is .net 2 and you built with .net 3.5 make sure you don't have a System.Core dependency

Left by kfm2000 at 8/5/2009 12:40 PM
Gravatar Well, I had this too on a console app developed in VS2008 on XP and run on WS2003. The main issue, and the issue that causes the mysterious behavior is the unhandled exception coming out of the .NET runtime.

Wrap your outermost code in a Try/Catch block and you'll see the error. Then you can fix your error, and off you go.

Left by evideus at 8/14/2009 7:36 AM
Gravatar I had the same error. The program would run fine on development PC and wouldn't run at all on any other PC. In my code, I referenced image files to be used on my window. After I copied those image files to other computers, the error went away and program ran.

Left by amrut kanthavadiya at 9/8/2009 2:51 AM
Gravatar Description:

Problem Signature 01: office_optimizer.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4aa6081f
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 48ead7c2
Problem Signature 07: 243f
Problem Signature 08: 23
Problem Signature 09: System.FormatException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Locale ID: 16393

i have getting above Error when i am trying to Run the application

does any boady help me ?????.............

thanks in advance..

Left by lucas at 9/11/2009 12:32 PM
Gravatar Hello,
Real Environment Extreme,
I've got exactly same problem as yours. Did you solve it?

Left by rich at 9/17/2009 10:49 PM
Gravatar I've been having this on a vb.net 2008 winform app I wrote when deploying to x86 XP machines.

The .net 2.0 error was throwing me too. Couldn't track this down. Tried compiling on x86 vs x64 machines (it was developed on an x64 machine), everything error trapped even msgboxes scattered about to trap the exact line. It wouldn't even make the first msgbox which was placed at the head of the main form's resize routine, the first custom bit of code to run.

I fiddled with pretty much every setting in the project, finally it was in the debug section, setting "Enable unmanaged code debugging" to true that fixed the problem.

I still have no idea what this issue was, there are no errors being thrown now that I have that set and it all works perfectly well.....

Another excellent 'undocumented feature' from Microsoft.

Left by Cliff at 10/8/2009 10:02 AM
Gravatar I had this same error, and spent a lot of time on it, but eventually found that .NET was running my app in 64 bit mode and the app was trying to use a 32bit DLL.
Built the app to run as 32bit and... problem solved.

Left by Ravi at 11/3/2009 1:32 AM
Gravatar roblem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: testsqlmain.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4aa89346
Problem Signature 04: TestMain
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4aa89346
Problem Signature 07: 1
Problem Signature 08: 27
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.10
Locale ID: 16393

I am getting this can any one plz have idea??

Left by sasi at 11/3/2009 4:04 AM

Problem Signature 08: 70
Problem Signature 09: Exception
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081

Left by Manio at 1/3/2010 8:55 AM
Gravatar I had this entry in Application event log:

EventType clr20r3, P1 myservice.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4b40f89a, P4 system, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf0d, P7 3832, P8 131, P9 system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL.

After hours and hours of checking everything I found out that it is caused by my custom event log created for my service. It got full in few hours and overwriting was set to older than 7days, so system had nowhere to write new entries and my service was unable to start...

So, here it is, another hint for anyone who have simmilar problem.

Left by Hertz at 1/5/2010 11:23 PM

Problem Signature 07: 7da
Problem Signature 08: 38
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Read our privacy statement:

Left by Red0z at 2/14/2010 10:58 AM
Gravatar In my case, i had a
MyMainForm.ActiveForm.StartPosition = FormStartPosition.CenterScreen;

in my application, which caused this error. If it by any chance should occour to you, and this line of code is in your app, it's always worth the try! :)

Left by popdad at 2/20/2010 8:07 AM
Gravatar I get this error message when viewing the error details when trying to run Catalyst Control Center. Here's the message I get: Catalyst Control Center: Host application has stopped working. Then I get the option to search online for a solution (nothing happens) or to just close the program. Here are the error details:

Problem Signature 01: ccc.exe
Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 49ef8e09
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a27471d
Problem Signature 07: 20c8
Problem Signature 08: 143
Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Thanks in advance

Left by David at 2/25/2010 8:16 AM
Gravatar Based on what I read here it seemed that I was missing some file. I reopened my project and set all my references to 'copy local' so everything I need would be included in the project bin directory after I recompiled. Everything worked when I included the additional files

Left by PONS at 3/3/2010 4:44 PM
Gravatar I had the following error message when i open my server startup page is it possible to sort out the issue anyway? please help me. Thanks.
Description:

Problem Signature 06: 4a275af7
Problem Signature 07: 3604
Problem Signature 08: 17
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.PathTooLongException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

when I clicked the Movie(and only this one) option, WMC was shut down imidiatly.
Tried to reactivate WMC and reinstall .Net no luck :(
Tried also to erase folder: mcepg2-0, and it doesnt help any way.

Some one Help..?

Left by Drew at 6/11/2010 6:29 AM
Gravatar I ran into this problem just recently when I was reworking an old project using the .net 2.0 framework in a .net 4.0 environment. I kept getting the "1053: timely fashion" error with starting my service, along with the "clr20r3 argumentexception" error in the event log.

With the assistance of a coworker, we determined that the issue was caused by Visual Studio's conversion of the old 2.0 project to the new framework. In our service's designer.cs file, we were using a fileSystemWatcher call, which was referencing the incorrect file path.

When run on my dev box, the incorrect path was overridden as intended and the service ran fine. When we tried loading the service in the native .net 2.0 environment, it crashed. It only worked after changing the file path of fileSystemWatcher.

Left by Tickford at 7/8/2010 10:02 AM
Gravatar For me it was an unhandled exception. I was given a hint in "Problem Signature 09:", an IO error.

A few more try/catch blocks and voila, I found the culprit. Another process (IIS page that monitors the log file for errors) had locked the log file I was trying to write too.

Check your "Problem Signature 09:" for a hint, and look through your code for any unhandled exceptions.

Left by codebite at 9/22/2010 4:37 AM
Gravatar I had this issue in a Windows 2003 x86 when runnig an app as a normal user in admin it worked fine. Somewhere it needs permission to write (not the program folder) , couldn't find where as yet!

Left by FerdiEgb at 10/25/2010 1:35 AM
Gravatar Another clr20r3 problem with the following
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException

The VB2008 form and program did run without problems at first on Vista and Win7 computers, but after a few slight changes did run on Vista but crashed on Win7.

By deleting the last changes one by one, the cause was found: VB's powerpacks with the LineShape control. That works fine with Vista, but crashes with Win7, despite adding the import of the powerpacks...

Left by Marian at 11/4/2010 9:56 AM

P7: 686c
P8: 0
P9: System.NullReferenceException
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\Marian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER99CE.tmp.version.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Report1dbed531
Please send me solution on mar11fab@msn.com /THX in advance.

Left by bruno at 11/7/2010 1:55 AM
Signature du problème 07: 3604
Signature du problème 08: 279
Signature du problème 09: System.ArgumentException
Version du système: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 3084

Left by narayan at 11/10/2010 4:28 PM
Gravatar In our case, the error reported was
EventType clr20r3, P1 printing.exe, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4bd85c83, P4 system.configuration, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf00, P7 1a6, P8 136, P9 ioibmurhynrxkw0zxkyrvfn0boyyufow, P10 NIL.

It was a executable, so I open the command prompt (Start->Run->cmd) and executed the .exe as a file. The unhandled exception details popped up on the prompt indicating an invalid character in the .config file. The .config file had recently been modified and the editor used (Wordpad) had inserted an invalid character (not visible though). I re-edited the file in another editor overwriting the culprit line with the same characters and that fixed the issue. Thanks to everyone here.

Left by Hassan Hussein at 11/28/2010 5:34 AM
Gravatar In my case it was junk that VS put in my app.config file. I deleted any entry that I thought had nothing to do with my app - which is a windows service. below is what i deleted. The startup and what is in ti look dodgy and was probably causing the error. All works fine now

<system.web>
<membership defaultProvider="ClientAuthenticationMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<add name="ClientAuthenticationMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.ClientServices.Providers.ClientWindowsAuthenticationMembershipProvider, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" serviceUri="" credentialsProvider="" savePasswordHashLocally="False" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection"/>
</providers>
</membership>
<roleManager defaultProvider="ClientRoleProvider" enabled="true">
<providers>
<add name="ClientRoleProvider" type="System.Web.ClientServices.Providers.ClientRoleProvider, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" serviceUri="" cacheTimeout="86400" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection"/>
</providers>
</roleManager>
</system.web>
<system.serviceModel>
<bindings/>
<client/>
</system.serviceModel>
<startup><supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/></startup></configuration>

Left by majin buu at 1/28/2011 7:50 AM
Gravatar hi guys,

i have this software called Gboost and whenever i try to open it it automatically updates but its normal.now what isint normal is when it reaches to 1mb it stops and a pop up will come saying that it has stopped working error code clr20r3. plzz!!! does anybody know how to solve this problem

Left by ingjzamora at 3/23/2011 4:39 AM
Gravatar I have a similar proble my aplication crash and only give me the follow information:
Fault bucket 1814967066, type 5

Sig[8].Value=0VMJW3UKBKNP0ZZISSLBXH5PKA2C0PQ1
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.10
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=2058

Left by roman at 4/4/2011 11:14 PM
Gravatar need help guys i have similar problem

Description:

Problem Signature 01: oobe.exe
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000
Problem Signature 03: 47917825
Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager
Problem Signature 05: 6.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 49e037dd
Problem Signature 07: 1f31
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Left by shilpa at 6/7/2011 6:57 PM
Gravatar when i right-click on .net application setup.exe and "Run as Administrator" to install application, it installs correctly and launches.

Shortcut is created on desktop and in Start Menu.
Clicking either of these shortcuts opens error message window:

stopped working

Description:

Problem Signature 01: util.exe
Problem Signature 02: 7.1.0.14
Problem Signature 03: 4ddb7a16
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4bebe8e2
Problem Signature 07: 349e
Problem Signature 08: 1f7
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.274.10
Locale ID: 1033

f anyone could help me I'd appreciate. Thanks.

# net Application crashing on window 7 64 bit

Left by Faisal at 8/2/2011 7:53 AM
Gravatar Hi,

I have made an application and made the setup installer using Visual Studio 2010 and net framework as 3.5.

In Visual Studio 2010 I have selected "Any CPU" as platform so, it can run on both 64 bit and 32 bit Windows 7 OS.

When I am installing it on Windows 7 64 bit, it get installed successfully but when I tried to open the application it is giving me the following dump,

==============================================================
Description:

Problem Signature 01: elanguidescd.mediaplayer.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4e295e12
Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4d8c1991
Problem Signature 07: 19bb
Problem Signature 08: 1a
Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
==============================================================

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Faisal Nasir

#  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Left by krish at 10/11/2011 10:40 PM
Gravatar dear sir,

i have created .net2008 project and install client system ,there is window 7 os useing, if i run this project exe i get this problem how to solve i ll get cler ans?

Description:

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 16393

Read our privacy statement online:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Left by Kerry Robertson at 10/24/2011 7:48 AM
Gravatar Hello All,

Any help is appreciated. I have an desktop application and when I attempt to run it freezes. The following is in in the event log.

EventType clr20r3,
P1 efrunner.exe,
P2 1.0.3015.21221,
P3 47f4999b,
P4 sevis,
P5 1.0.3015.21220,
P6 47f49999,
P7 e,
P8 13,
P9 system.nullreferenceexception,
P10 NIL.

Thanks

Left by Diego at 11/12/2011 11:52 PM
Gravatar Hi,
one suggestion. Put everything in your main/form constructor in a try catch and read the message of the exception...

Left by Krish Kalai at 2/26/2012 7:01 AM

Problem Signature 05: 3.5.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ca2d78d
Problem Signature 07: 5d2
Problem Signature 08: e
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException

Hello,
I am working with my computer, its always coming!
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Left by Vishal at 3/13/2012 8:49 AM
Gravatar I have created application to view reports using SQL Reporting services. It is working fine in server but when i am using same applciation in Client Machine i have gor following error:

Description: