Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Issue:

System.InvalidOperationExceptionOperation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection()
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()
   at Rhino.Commons.LongConversationManager.LoadConversationFromRequest(Boolean& privateConversation)
   at Rhino.Commons.LongConversationManager.LoadConversation()
   at Rhino.Commons.HttpModules.UnitOfWorkApplication.UnitOfWorkApplication_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Cause:

Microsoft recently (12-29-2011) released an update to address several serious security vulnerabilities in the .NET Framework. MS11-100 was introduced just recently that handles potential DoS attacks.

Unfortunately the fix has also broken page POSTs with very large amounts of posted data (form fields). MS11-100 places a limit of 500 on postback items. The new default max introduced by the recent security update is 1000.

Adding the setting key to the web-config file overcomes this limitation, as in this example increases it to 2000.

<appSettings>
    <add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="2000" />
 </appSettings>

Print | posted @ Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:27 PM

Comments on this entry:

by Mike Steigerwald at 1/20/2012 3:44 PM

Thank you for this post. It solved a problem I had no ideas for.
by Raship at 1/25/2012 1:17 AM

Yup It works for me! Great
by Sarit Shamay at 1/26/2012 3:35 AM

I increase this to 4000 only then it was fixed.
by Monte at 1/26/2012 4:44 AM

Yes, it works, thank you.
by Monte at 1/26/2012 4:44 AM

Yes, it works, thank you.
by Jessy at 1/27/2012 10:10 AM

by Jessy at 1/27/2012 10:11 AM

by Rob at 1/27/2012 5:12 PM

Good Deal, saved my bacon
by Rob at 1/27/2012 5:12 PM

Good Deal, saved my bacon
by Irf at 1/29/2012 4:59 PM

Wow, thank you so much! This helped solve my issue, one of my aspx pages, where the I had lot of form fields inside a repeater.
by hrshdk at 1/30/2012 6:28 AM

But It didnt help since my website is in .framework 1.1. kinldy suggest a solution to resolve this.
by ashwin at 1/30/2012 6:59 AM

thanks a lot ......only when i raised it to 4000
it got fixed..
by Alok Raj at 2/6/2012 1:51 AM

Thanks a lot...
by Rajiv at 2/10/2012 5:35 AM

Thanks!!! The suggestion solved my problem.
by Jess Alfredsen at 2/24/2012 5:14 AM

Thank you !!!!
by Jess Alfredsen at 2/24/2012 5:15 AM

Thank you !!!
by Jess Alfredsen at 2/24/2012 5:15 AM

Thank you !!!
by Greg Gamble at 2/28/2012 1:20 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm using the Telrik MVC Grid and it stores data as json in some instances. When using client side sort handling this would be a big issue for large tables. You think they would have found a better way ...
by Anushka at 3/7/2012 11:59 PM

Thank you very much. it works fine now.
by Mark Douglass at 3/14/2012 1:19 AM

Thanks! This worked perfectly. Was struggling to figure out why this would work on certain sets of data on the same page...now I know. Life saver!
by Manjula Ramanujam at 3/21/2012 1:21 PM

Great, it worked for me. I had no clue about this.
Thank you.
by Kamalpreet Litt at 3/23/2012 11:43 AM

Thank u very much ............... It solved my problem. Thanks once again
by will at 4/4/2012 9:25 AM

Where in the web.config file is that supposed to go?
by Hugo at 4/12/2012 8:23 AM

Thank YOU!!!
Last night I posted an update to my web site and this morning I was greeted by my boss telling be that the web application crashed when changing dates in an ASPxGridView. I had no idea why because the error has nothing to do with what I was working on. The I googled and found this. When added the key with 2000 it worked again. THANK YOU AGAIN for posting the solution to this error!!!
by Ana at 4/19/2012 6:14 PM

It fixed the problem I was having loading a data
by Sid at 4/26/2012 4:12 AM

Thanks buddy
by Shah at 4/30/2012 7:16 AM

thanks mate. save me a good time going up and down trying to find a solution...
by Eddie at 5/1/2012 2:52 PM

You rule! How seemingly arbitrary and capricious of them. I guess we are not on their email list...
by Harish Jain at 5/12/2012 6:26 AM

Thanks for this solution,it solves my problem
by Dinusha at 5/21/2012 1:47 AM

Thank you very much, This post saved my time,
Thanks Again
by Tamoj at 6/12/2012 8:50 PM

Thanks for the post.
by Sanjay Patil at 6/28/2012 8:51 AM

I set it to 5000, it solves my problem. What is the impact of setting it to more as 10000.
by renso at 6/30/2012 10:54 AM

The amount you specify has an impact on upload speed of your content, will be proportionally slower. Also the larger it is the more you are open to users uploading files that may be considered inappropriately large in the context of the purpose of the site/page and overloading your storarge capacity.
by Sanjay Patil at 7/3/2012 6:19 AM

by hemant singh at 7/27/2012 10:37 AM

Thanks a lot!!
by Ankur Negi at 8/9/2012 3:28 AM

Thanks a lot :-)
by Ly Lele at 9/20/2012 11:04 PM

thx a lot,, I set to 4000 and it's work..

but I still didn't understand why it getting error, when my sheet name use char ' in front and when I erase the char ' I getting this error,,

But after all, thx a lot
Gravatar #  Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
by sayli at 10/11/2012 5:08 AM

I am using folowing cod to sent email

MailAddress mailfrom = new MailAddress ( "saylib4@gmail.com" );
MailAddress mailto = new MailAddress ( "txtEmail.Text.ToString()" );
MailMessage newmsg = new MailMessage ( mailfrom, mailto );

newmsg.Subject = "Your PAssword is";
newmsg.Body = "Your PAssword is";

////For File Attachment, more file can also be attached

//Attachment att = new Attachment ( "G:\\code.txt" );
//newmsg.Attachments.Add ( att );

SmtpClient smtps = new SmtpClient ( "smtp.gmail.com", 587 );
smtps.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
smtps.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential ( "mail@gmail.com", "pwd" );
smtps.EnableSsl = true;
smtps.Send ( newmsg );
by bhasker at 1/23/2013 12:33 AM

really its work fine.. thanks
by Matthew at 1/23/2013 7:58 PM

OMG, thank you so much for this awesome quick fix. First google result too!

Thanks.
by shashi at 5/7/2013 10:05 AM

{System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i)
at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleDataReader.get_Item(Int32 i)
at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleDataReader.get_Item(String columnName)
Gravatar #  Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. i have added max size in webconfig but still error occcur
by sandip at 6/1/2013 3:42 AM

plz help me
Thanks u in advanced
by Nishi at 6/20/2013 1:03 PM

Thanks, saved my time
by Gokul at 7/2/2013 10:39 AM

Yes after i raised it to 4000,it works , Thanks
by Mr.Kazoo at 8/14/2013 4:28 PM

Thanks for this post. The error message is so vague and the stack output really not that helpful. Great Post!
by supriya upadhyay at 9/5/2013 9:38 AM