My Techie Blog

Windows Azure

Windows Azure

Windows Phone

WorkFlows

WSS V3

xml

Its good to have a calendar control in the new Reporting Services 2005 which wasn't available in the previous version.
 Good on you Microsoft but sorry the calendar control isn't working well.

I was working on some reports and i noticed that when previewing the reports in Visual Studio or in the Report Manager site all seems good when i select a date from the date picker it does format accordingly to my culture setting which is en-AU
date format e.g dd/M/YYYY but when i'm loading the reports via the ReportViewer Page or from a webpart which uses the
Report Viewer and select a date using the date picker it sets it back to the American Culture settings which is m/d/yyyy.

I have set the language of the report itself to use English(Australia). You can set this by clicking on the Report on the properties pane >under Misc > Language  :

And thats not what i wanted and  i keep getting errors as the dates aren't correct  and users won't be happy.

So what i did was when i select the date picker and select a date i noticed it does a post back.
By looking at the URL string at the bottom of your browser quickly i noticed the Calendar&=LCID =127...
when viewing the reports via the ReportViewer Page or from a webpart  which is also using the ReportViewer  control

But when viewing the reports from the Report Manger the URL shows LCID = 3081 as i mentioned above

Solution:

So immediately  i knew something was and the last thing that came up my mind was to go directly to the ReportViewer.aspx  itself and add the Culture setting like this below

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportViewerPage" Culture="en-AU"%>
as we can do that on every page

You can find the page here: C:\program files\microsoft SQL Server\MSQL.3\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Pages
But it depends on where you installed it.

Tip:
If you want to find the path to the page go to your IIS under Default website select ReportServer or Reports Folder > right click Properties...

Hope that helps

posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:10 PM

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker 7/30/2008 1:51 AM C Trimby
This was incredibly helpful; thank you!

No thanks to Microsoft for making this so complicated as usual! Exactly how many times does Mr Gates need to be told that I'm not American??

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 8/12/2008 4:22 PM tosh
Great!! It helped us a lot. Thanks.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 8/19/2008 4:43 PM Lemon
Date picker format also depends on your browser settings.

If you go Tools->Internet Options...->Languages and change your language to/from American English, the date picker will change it's format to match...

In firefox it's Tools->Options->Content Tab->Choose

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 9/8/2008 10:33 PM JD
It could not help me. I am using report builder
I am using a date filter populated form database. Its a 'in-List' drop down filter with multiple election. When i create the filter , i could see the dates in proper format as "dd/mm/yyyy", but when i run the report as "RUN REPORT" or "Report Manager". The drop down shows "mm/dd/yyyy".

Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance..JD

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 11/4/2008 10:05 PM Hameer
Hi and Thanks for the blog.
But, unfortunately its not helping me out. I have tried everything.

>> Changing the culture of report viewer page.
>> Changing browser language settings
>> Changing client regional settings
>> Chnaging server regional settings

But to n avail.

I am using SQL Server 2005 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 machine.

Please reply me asap.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 11/13/2008 6:14 PM salman
thanks it really helped me and i was stuck in this issue and from your post i am able to fix that. thanks again

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/13/2009 2:25 AM Darragh Jones
In you web.config, you could try adding the following:
<globalization culture="en-AU" uiCulture="en-AU" />

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/21/2009 2:44 AM Mark Underhill
Thanks - changing the reportviewer.aspx solved this problem for me.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/27/2009 9:59 PM V.Manivannan
Thanks , Your solution working fine

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/12/2009 3:19 PM Anthony Mongkolsakwanon
Thanksssss, it is very useful for the rest of human..

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/23/2009 9:24 PM roy
Hi, I used that fix on my server to solve the problem once but I have the same problem on my PC when I use the preview inside visual studio 2005.

There isn't any ReportViewer.aspx for the visual studio.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 3/10/2009 9:10 PM Mritunjai
I am facing same problem in SSRS report.through Datepicker i am entering data,in dd/mm/yyyy format.when i am entering 03-31-2008,its giving error.
Pls give me the solution

Pls give me the solution

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 3/16/2009 5:24 PM alex
worked for me but had to reset the language setting on the browser to not default to english US

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 3/16/2009 11:04 PM mel
Many thanks this worked in our environment on the SSRS web, still have issues within the VS IDE, especially when showing the date parameters formatted as a string on the report. All is well when deployed to the server.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 5/28/2009 4:35 PM Denis
Being new to RS I was starting to dispair, THANK YOU

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 6/8/2009 3:14 AM Ronki
Great it is very usefull

thanks a lot

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 6/28/2009 9:29 PM Mad Mel
Thanks, this solved the problem for me. A very useful bit of info.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 7/16/2009 4:37 AM arnold
This doesn't solve my problem.
Language should be en-US but in reportviewer, when I enter 12/31/2009 format, error occurs.

I already change the:
Culture of Report.aspx & ReportViewer.aspx
IE language setting
Client PC regional setting
Server regional setting

Pls. help. Thjanks.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/20/2010 10:21 PM a.rajasekar
hi,
instead of changing the culture, you can try with format(<data field>, "dd/MM/yyyy"). I'm using this in my reports (SQL 2008) and working fine without any problem.....

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/28/2010 5:13 AM BitsOfZeno
Thanks a lot!
I've tried everything before, but only this one fixes the problem.

We avoided this way a huge (and maybe risky, IMHO) hotfix installation proposed by Microsoft...

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/5/2010 4:26 AM kmutt49
Thank you so much for fixes the problem

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 9/16/2010 2:34 AM sergey
great! thanks a lot! this works for me (Culture="ru-RU")

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 3/23/2011 1:27 PM erinl
Thanks so much... you are my hero!!

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 5/22/2011 4:18 PM aldec
Selecting a date in date picker uses american format (MM/dd/yyyy) which is correct but when I run the report, it returns an error. I tried to dd/MM/yyyy format and the report is ok.

Please help. I need to use MM/dd/yyyy format as input in date parameters.

regional settings is en-US
reportserver aspx is en-US also

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 5/22/2011 6:51 PM Naseer Muhammed
Date Format Problem Solved , But after click View report the date format change to (dd/mm/yyy hh:mm:ss tt ) this stage how to solve these problem

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 10/25/2011 11:53 PM Darren Muscat
Thanks a lot - changing the reportviewer.aspx solved this problem for me too!!

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 7/29/2012 4:08 PM Linoy Xavier
Date format Issue solved . I Set culture in Reportviewer.aspx same as in client regional settings.

Thanks.. Guys

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 8/13/2012 7:39 PM Gena
Respect man! It fix my issue with CRM 2011 reporting

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 11/28/2012 9:25 PM RAM
Awesome work!!!! Thank you very much....

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/6/2013 9:58 PM Sampath
Thank you. It helped me lot. But Date picker control of Report Viewer control is not visible in google chrome. Can anybody tell the solution for this.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 12/23/2013 1:27 PM CRM Techie
I have the same problem. Date picker is just not visible in google chrome. Any help will be really appreciated.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/11/2015 7:24 PM Sunil
This can be solved by asking the user to change the browser language to English [en]

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/27/2015 2:58 AM Simon Jackson
Really???
Thanks for your help. In Chrome, the reportviewer section would not honour the browser language settings - who knows why!
I have also replaced popup with zebra_datepicker in Chrome: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/a96537e3-0945-4046-816b-5eb0d8875dd3/date-picker-not-showing-up-when-using-chrome