My Techie Blog

Windows Azure

Windows Azure

Windows Phone

WorkFlows

WSS V3

xml

Its good to have a calendar control in the new Reporting Services 2005 which wasn't available in the previous version.
 Good on you Microsoft but sorry the calendar control isn't working well.

I was working on some reports and i noticed that when previewing the reports in Visual Studio or in the Report Manager site all seems good when i select a date from the date picker it does format accordingly to my culture setting which is en-AU
date format e.g dd/M/YYYY but when i'm loading the reports via the ReportViewer Page or from a webpart which uses the
Report Viewer and select a date using the date picker it sets it back to the American Culture settings which is m/d/yyyy.

I have set the language of the report itself to use English(Australia). You can set this by clicking on the Report on the properties pane >under Misc > Language  :

And thats not what i wanted and  i keep getting errors as the dates aren't correct  and users won't be happy.

So what i did was when i select the date picker and select a date i noticed it does a post back.
By looking at the URL string at the bottom of your browser quickly i noticed the Calendar&=LCID =127...
when viewing the reports via the ReportViewer Page or from a webpart  which is also using the ReportViewer  control

But when viewing the reports from the Report Manger the URL shows LCID = 3081 as i mentioned above

Solution:

So immediately  i knew something was and the last thing that came up my mind was to go directly to the ReportViewer.aspx  itself and add the Culture setting like this below

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportViewerPage" Culture="en-AU"%>
as we can do that on every page

You can find the page here: C:\program files\microsoft SQL Server\MSQL.3\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Pages
But it depends on where you installed it.

Tip:
If you want to find the path to the page go to your IIS under Default website select ReportServer or Reports Folder > right click Properties...

Hope that helps

posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 7:10 PM

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker 7/30/2008 1:51 AM C Trimby
This was incredibly helpful; thank you!

No thanks to Microsoft for making this so complicated as usual! Exactly how many times does Mr Gates need to be told that I'm not American??

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 8/12/2008 4:22 PM tosh
Great!! It helped us a lot. Thanks.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 8/19/2008 4:43 PM Lemon
Date picker format also depends on your browser settings.

If you go Tools->Internet Options...->Languages and change your language to/from American English, the date picker will change it's format to match...

In firefox it's Tools->Options->Content Tab->Choose

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 9/8/2008 10:33 PM JD
It could not help me. I am using report builder
I am using a date filter populated form database. Its a 'in-List' drop down filter with multiple election. When i create the filter , i could see the dates in proper format as "dd/mm/yyyy", but when i run the report as "RUN REPORT" or "Report Manager". The drop down shows "mm/dd/yyyy".

Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance..JD

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 11/4/2008 10:05 PM Hameer
Hi and Thanks for the blog.
But, unfortunately its not helping me out. I have tried everything.

>> Changing the culture of report viewer page.
>> Changing browser language settings
>> Changing client regional settings
>> Chnaging server regional settings

But to n avail.

I am using SQL Server 2005 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 machine.

Please reply me asap.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 11/13/2008 6:14 PM salman
thanks it really helped me and i was stuck in this issue and from your post i am able to fix that. thanks again

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/13/2009 2:25 AM Darragh Jones
In you web.config, you could try adding the following:
<globalization culture="en-AU" uiCulture="en-AU" />

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/21/2009 2:44 AM Mark Underhill
Thanks - changing the reportviewer.aspx solved this problem for me.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/27/2009 9:59 PM V.Manivannan
Thanks , Your solution working fine

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/12/2009 3:19 PM Anthony Mongkolsakwanon
Thanksssss, it is very useful for the rest of human..

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/23/2009 9:24 PM roy
Hi, I used that fix on my server to solve the problem once but I have the same problem on my PC when I use the preview inside visual studio 2005.

There isn't any ReportViewer.aspx for the visual studio.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 3/10/2009 9:10 PM Mritunjai
I am facing same problem in SSRS report.through Datepicker i am entering data,in dd/mm/yyyy format.when i am entering 03-31-2008,its giving error.
Pls give me the solution

Pls give me the solution

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 3/16/2009 5:24 PM alex
worked for me but had to reset the language setting on the browser to not default to english US

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 3/16/2009 11:04 PM mel
Many thanks this worked in our environment on the SSRS web, still have issues within the VS IDE, especially when showing the date parameters formatted as a string on the report. All is well when deployed to the server.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 5/28/2009 4:35 PM Denis
Being new to RS I was starting to dispair, THANK YOU

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 6/8/2009 3:14 AM Ronki
Great it is very usefull

thanks a lot

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 6/28/2009 9:29 PM Mad Mel
Thanks, this solved the problem for me. A very useful bit of info.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 7/16/2009 4:37 AM arnold
This doesn't solve my problem.
Language should be en-US but in reportviewer, when I enter 12/31/2009 format, error occurs.

I already change the:
Culture of Report.aspx & ReportViewer.aspx
IE language setting
Client PC regional setting
Server regional setting

Pls. help. Thjanks.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/20/2010 10:21 PM a.rajasekar
hi,
instead of changing the culture, you can try with format(<data field>, "dd/MM/yyyy"). I'm using this in my reports (SQL 2008) and working fine without any problem.....

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 1/28/2010 5:13 AM BitsOfZeno
Thanks a lot!
I've tried everything before, but only this one fixes the problem.

We avoided this way a huge (and maybe risky, IMHO) hotfix installation proposed by Microsoft...

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/5/2010 4:26 AM kmutt49
Thank you so much for fixes the problem

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 9/16/2010 2:34 AM sergey
great! thanks a lot! this works for me (Culture="ru-RU")

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 3/23/2011 1:27 PM erinl
Thanks so much... you are my hero!!

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 5/22/2011 4:18 PM aldec
Selecting a date in date picker uses american format (MM/dd/yyyy) which is correct but when I run the report, it returns an error. I tried to dd/MM/yyyy format and the report is ok.

Please help. I need to use MM/dd/yyyy format as input in date parameters.

regional settings is en-US
reportserver aspx is en-US also

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 5/22/2011 6:51 PM Naseer Muhammed
Date Format Problem Solved , But after click View report the date format change to (dd/mm/yyy hh:mm:ss tt ) this stage how to solve these problem

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 10/25/2011 11:53 PM Darren Muscat
Thanks a lot - changing the reportviewer.aspx solved this problem for me too!!

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 7/29/2012 4:08 PM Linoy Xavier
Date format Issue solved . I Set culture in Reportviewer.aspx same as in client regional settings.

Thanks.. Guys

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 8/13/2012 7:39 PM Gena
Respect man! It fix my issue with CRM 2011 reporting

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 11/28/2012 9:25 PM RAM
Awesome work!!!! Thank you very much....

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/6/2013 9:58 PM Sampath
Thank you. It helped me lot. But Date picker control of Report Viewer control is not visible in google chrome. Can anybody tell the solution for this.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 12/23/2013 1:27 PM CRM Techie
I have the same problem. Date picker is just not visible in google chrome. Any help will be really appreciated.

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/11/2015 7:24 PM Sunil
This can be solved by asking the user to change the browser language to English [en]

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 2/27/2015 2:58 AM Simon Jackson
Really???
Thanks for your help. In Chrome, the reportviewer section would not honour the browser language settings - who knows why!
I have also replaced popup with zebra_datepicker in Chrome: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/a96537e3-0945-4046-816b-5eb0d8875dd3/date-picker-not-showing-up-when-using-chrome

# re: Incorrect format of date report parameters via datepicker - Reporting Services 6/18/2017 11:16 PM RE
Still experiencing this with SSRS SQL 2014. Had to add Culture declaration to Report.aspx as well. (I thought it would work via the globalization declaration in the web configs, but no ...)