Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

Here is the sample code I demoed in my MIX11 session “Deep Dive MVVM”. Please download the Zip file, and then unblock it in Windows Explorer by right-clicking it, and then selecting Properties. If you see an “Unblock” button, please click it. You can then extract the content of the Zip file on your hard drive.

Read the rest of this entry »

Print | posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:04 PM

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Valeriu Caraulean at 4/13/2011 4:53 PM Gravatar
Any idea if/when/where video recording of your session will be available?

And, if you intended to post snippets themselves, they aren't showing in my browsers...

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Jerome at 4/13/2011 9:38 PM Gravatar
The video is available at :

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Valeriu Caraulean at 4/14/2011 12:21 AM Gravatar
@Jerome, thank you! watching it now...

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Mikhail Orlov at 5/4/2011 9:00 PM Gravatar
How to actually run these and get some working results?

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Laurent Bugnion at 5/9/2011 5:30 PM Gravatar
Hi Mikhail,

What did you try and what results did you get?

Laurent

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Sreeram Gurram at 5/12/2011 8:24 PM Gravatar
IDialogService pattern to display custom messages is an excellent idea.
I am planning to use this in my WPF app to replace Messenger's DialogMessage implementation.

Great work Laurent.

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Prakash at 6/14/2011 10:14 AM Gravatar
Kewl, IDialogService pattern is neat, next needed is a simple IAnimationService. Laurent, when you throwing that one in the mix. lol

PS

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Peter Cabus at 8/7/2011 7:51 AM Gravatar
Great video! Even the advanced concepts are easy to understand. I also appreciate your presentation style. Nice work Laurent.

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Rakesh at 8/20/2011 5:40 PM Gravatar
Nice Work

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Berthier Lemieux at 1/16/2012 9:27 PM Gravatar
Bonjour Laurent,

Thanks for that presentation, it's solid stuff I was really looking after.
I tried the source code of the NavigationDemo on my environment, WP7.1 + VMMV 4 beta 1, and it really doesn't work. As soon as I click on one of the news item, I get an "item not found".
I debugged the thing a bit, and as far as I could tell, you're using the wrong test in the code behind of NewsItemPage, in the OnNavigatedTo method.

You're checking if there is an instance of viewmodel already available :
if (!SimpleIoc.Default.Contains<NewsItemViewModel>(itemUrl))

But since it's the first time I click on that newsItem, the instance hasn't been created, the test fails and therefore I get a "item not found".

I get the code to work if I change the check above with:
if (!SimpleIoc.Default.IsRegistered<NewsItemViewModel>(itemUrl))

The desired viewmodel has been registered, so the test pass through, and the SimpleIoc will create the instance when the code will request the instance, a few lines down.

I'm still very new to VMMV Light, did I got it right?

# re: Deep Dive MVVM samples #mix11 #deepdivemvvm

left by Berthier Lemieux at 1/21/2012 7:29 PM Gravatar
I created a zip file with WP7.1 support, for those who would like to play with the deep dive sample code on a Mango environment : http://pankakeit.com/theBlog/?p=46
Comments have been closed on this topic.