Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

Often times, you want to take a screenshot of an application’s page. There can be multiple reasons. For instance, you can use this to provide an easy feedback method to beta testers. I find this super invaluable when working on integration of design in an app, and the user can take quick screenshots, attach them to an email and send them to me directly from the Windows Phone device. However, the same mechanism can also be used to provide screenshots are a feature of the app, for example if the user wants to save the current status of his application, etc.

Read the rest of this entry »

Print | posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 5:38 PM

# re: Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

left by Avinash at 2/9/2011 6:53 AM Gravatar
I have given a file path like this
var filePath = string.Format("../Content/Images/"+title + ".jpg"); it is not giving any error while executing the code.But it is not saving.
Can you give the code how to retrieve above saved image.I want to send above screen shot in a email.

# re: Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

left by ish at 8/29/2011 8:57 AM Gravatar
Hi, Its usefull for me. but a problem. My form is focussed on textbox control. Here want to take the screenshot alogn with keypad displayed. but its not comming . any advice here . thanks in advance.

# re: Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

left by Laurent at 8/29/2011 10:46 AM Gravatar
Hi,

Unfortunately it is impossible. The keyboard is a native OS component and the Silverlight application does not have access to it. Same story with the application bar or the System tray. As long as Microsoft does not provide a native way to take screenshots, we're out of luck.

Cheers,
Laurent

# re: Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

left by Sinchana at 3/1/2012 6:52 AM Gravatar
Hi,
Yes it was helpful. Is there a way to store Images to a folder in a particular Location, which is accesible to all the Applications.

# re: Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

left by Raghav at 5/23/2012 8:37 AM Gravatar
How to apply the above codes on a button click?
Can anybody help me because am new to C#.
Thanks in advance.

# re: Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

left by samdjp1989 at 8/11/2012 3:21 PM Gravatar
Hi,glad to see your post, but I just had a problem with the webbrowser control, I set the "element" to webbrowser, it just come out to be a rectangle.

# re: Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

left by Laurent Bugnion at 8/12/2012 1:46 AM Gravatar
Hi,

Yeah unfortunately the content of the web browser does not show with this method. I don't have a workaround.

Laurent

# re: Taking a screenshot from within a Silverlight #WP7 application

left by Guy at 1/31/2013 4:14 PM Gravatar
Hi Laurent (j'assume que tu es Francais de par ton nom)
Anyways I'm new in Windows Phone I came cross your article on blog.galasoft.ch I would like you explain to me the steps to take about achieving the task of sending a picture from a windows phone to a server Thank you!
Comments have been closed on this topic.