New Silverlight controls suite delivered by Microsoft #PDC08

A few minutes ago, Microsoft released a brand new suite of controls for Silverlight. The list is impressive! From now on, you can download these controls, the documentation and samples, and start coding! This post will give you a first insight into these controls based on a preview version of the set. This should make you want to experiment more and to discover more by yourself!

Read the rest of this entry ยป

Print | posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:07 PM

# re: New Silverlight controls suite delivered by Microsoft #PDC08

left by Carlos Hernandez at 11/4/2008 4:57 PM Gravatar
This is great but do you know if there's a way to use the charting control in WPF? I really would benefit from that.

Thanks

# re: New Silverlight controls suite delivered by Microsoft #PDC08

left by Laurent at 11/4/2008 5:30 PM Gravatar
Hi Carlos,

I hear you. What I can say about that is:

- There are various chart controls available from 3rd party providers (Software FX, Infragistics are the two I used).

- The source code for the Silverlight controls toolkit is available (or should be soon, didn't check), so you should be able to port it to WPF.

- The controls were developed with WPF compatibility in mind, so we should see a WPF version some time in the future (but I never heard a date for that so far).

Hope that helps...
Laurent

# re: New Silverlight controls suite delivered by Microsoft #PDC08

left by Tim Hughes at 12/19/2008 8:14 PM Gravatar
I'm currently doing a WPF desktop application and I've been looking for an auto-complete textbox control. Will I be able to use the AutoComplete control from the Silverlight toolkit in a WPF application?

# re: New Silverlight controls suite delivered by Microsoft #PDC08

left by Laurent at 12/21/2008 3:23 PM Gravatar
Hi Tim,

You cannot use the Silverlight control "out of the box" for WPF, because they are compiled against a different set of assemblies (Silverlight is a subset of WPF). However, the source code for the controls is available on the Codeplex site, and Jaime Rodriguez has a post showing how he ported the graph controls to WPF, so I guess the same should be possible for the Autocomplete box too.

Greetings,
Laurent

# re: New Silverlight controls suite delivered by Microsoft #PDC08

left by Bala at 2/24/2012 5:32 AM Gravatar
I need the Microsoft.windows.controls.dll .... i dont find it my system. and it don't find the reference .... so could u tel where shall i get it ...
Comments have been closed on this topic.