Posts
149
Comments
1871
Trackbacks
Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS

This is an update to my previous post on Gantt chart web part by Teun. WSS 3.0 version of this web part can be found here. Although MOSS has an out of the box Gantt view for lists as can be seen below the SharePoint Gantt view is bloated compared to the Gantt chart web part. Not only do you get the nice rounded corners for the chart but it will pick up Group by settings of the tasks list and display a black container around the grouped tasks.

Many people have reported problems activating this web part on the site, to resolve this try running the following 2 stsadm commands after you have used the install scripts, these commands will run timer jobs and activate the features on your site collection.

The web part should appear under 'miscellaneous' section in the gallery with the name 'Gantt chart'

stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs
stsadm -o activatefeature -name Duynstee.GanttChart -url http://<site url>

Teun Gantt Chart web part vs Out of the box MOSS Gantt View on a list

posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 5:35 AM Print
Comments
# re: Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS
Samir Patel
3/27/2008 3:29 AM
Kit, I am deploying this on the servers hope it works!!! Call me
# re: Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS
Andrei
12/4/2008 9:17 AM
Hi , I would like to ask you if your Gantt Chart web part can handle and display several time slots (bars) for the same title/task on one row ?
# re: Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS
Pankaj Pratap
9/23/2009 2:41 AM
While createing GanttView can we add more dropdowns in Gantt columns.
By default it show four dropdown i want to add another one
# re: Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS
Jordon Lewis
3/3/2010 6:56 PM
Thanks for good explanation.

After getting it to work intially, I am starting to have problems with the Gantt View. Specifically, I get the following message:

"This list cannot be displayed as a Gantt chart because it lacks required fields."

I have found that I can get the view to work if I edit the view and set the Gantt column, Percent Complete, to Optional. However when I set Percent Complete to Percent Complete I get the same error message.

Has anyone seen this? This is driving me nuts. I have tried republishing my InfoPath form in hopes that it would fix the problem but no luck.
# re: Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS
Sonia
10/25/2010 2:49 PM
Definitely that gantt chart will work well in websites. I want to know on how to apply that in website. Can you provide also steps on how to deal with that? Thanks

Sonia from Naples Web Design
# re: Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS
daily sentinel newspaper
12/31/2010 4:34 PM
Gantt Chart is useful to manage any project. It is actually a graphical representation of time that is consumed for project. We can say that is is good measure of any project with respect to time.
daily sentinel newspaper
# re: Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS
Tulsa Real Estate
1/8/2011 10:53 PM
I've just started working on Gantt Chart so trying my best to familiarize. Not much to share now but I found the post very informative. Nice read.
Tulsa Real Estate
# re: Gantt Chart Web Part for MOSS
greenville newspaper
3/13/2011 9:55 PM
This is one of the best post from your side regarding software. Thanks for this service. We all know about the performance of Gantt.
greenville newspaper