This post will evolve with time. I wanted to share the resources that I myself use to troubleshoot the issues with MCMS deployments during my consulting assignments. I am just starting this post now but down the road I will also add step by step guide for things to check while installing and running MCMS 2002 installation in Production, Staging, Content and Development Environment. So keep visiting back to get more details.
I can understand the frustrations that client face because there is no easy and all in 1 kind of resource/Guide to reduce the pain and challenges faced while installing, Moving Data or conducting day to day operations of MCMS. Feel free to post your comments if you want to see something in particular or have something you would like to share with other in the community.
Here are the troubleshooting resources in Sequence. Places i will visit to diagnose a MCMS issue:
- First place to visit. Chances are you will find an answer here MCMS FAQ
- Microsoft Content Management Server 2002 Newsgroup. Stefan Gossner is the most knowledgeable person in MCMS and answers the questions daily at this newsgroup. MCMS 2002 Newsgroup
Here are Great Resources for MCMS 2002.
- Here you will found some of the best MCMS resources/News. Stefan is with Microsoft PSS and being production champion from the very start. Stefan's Blog.
- Andrews Blog has lot of useful information and utilities for MCMS 2002. He is MCMS MVP. Andrew Connell Blog
- AJ has ton of useful code and latest news on MCMS and other .Net Products. Here is the link to his Blog. AJ's Blog
- Angus Logan is MCMS MVP.He is also the co author of the MCMS book with Stefan, Andrew and Mei Ying. Here is Angus Logan's Blog
- Mei Ying's Tech Blog concentrates mainly on MCMS topics. She has been posting useful code and utilities at her blog.
- Chester has posted a lot of MCMS utilities that contain some of the features that are not available from the built in MCMS tools. Some of the tools directly access the MCMS database that might not be recommended by Microsoft. Here is Chester's Blog
- Arpan Shah in involved with the MCMS product from the time Microsoft bough it from Resolution. He has worked on the product side of MCMS too. If you want to get latest news about MCMS , that's where you have to go.Here is Aran Shah's Blog
- Mark Harison is blogging from UK. He has information about Sharepoint, MCMS and Office Applications at his Blog. Here is Mark's Blog