I have decided to try and put together a top notch online conference delivered predominantly via UK based speakers, inspired by the very enjoyable and useful community driven MVC Conference http://mvcconf.com/ (see my write up)
What I need now is top notch session proposals from folks who know what they are talking about and ideally are UK based. Which means – you! Possibly :-)
The plan is:
- The conference will take place 10am to 5pm UK time, delivered using Live Meeting and recorded for on-demand access
- Two “rooms”(or three is we have loads of speakers/sessions!)
- which equates to 10 (or 15) session of 55mins with 5min breaks between
- One room will be more about introducing the Windows Azure Platform (lap around etc.), likely predominantly MS delivered.
- Aim is to help developers new to Azure.
- Second room is about detailed topics, learning, tips etc. Delivered by a mix of MS, community and early adopters.
- For developers who already understand the basics
- + panel Q&A
- + virtual goody bag
- + ?
- for FREE
What I am after is folks with strong knowledge of the Windows Azure Platform to propose a session (or two). All I need at this stage is a very short draft session proposal by ideally this Thursday (as I’m on holiday next week). This is a short proposal – I just need a one liner so I can start to think what works overall for the day. Please send to eric . nelson AT microsoft . com (without the spaces).
If you are not UK based, you are still welcome to propose but you need to be awake during UK time and speak good English.
And the wonderful bit is… you can present it from the comfort of your home or office :-)
P.S. I’m sure I don’t need to say it, but even if you don’t fancy speaking, do block of the 20th now as it promises to be a great day.