[Updated 23/12/2009: You might also want to check out my colleagues Mike and Mike who did the same]
For fun I thought I would have a look at which of my posts in 2009 were my most popular. The results were quite surprising.
By number of pageviews (which tends to favour 1st half of year):
- Entity Framework 4.0 Resources – documentation links, best blog posts and more: Posted in September and also known as 101 links on Entity Framework 4.0. Received a large update in December. 5% of my traffic!
- How much does Team Foundation Server REALLY cost vs SourceSafe? : Posted in April and needs updating for the changes we bring in with Visual Studio 2010. Just added to todo list. 5% of my traffic.
- Results of the Visual Basic Survey: Part 1 Language and Framework Usage: Posted in February. There is also Part 2 – Visual Basic 6.0 Usage Today, Part 3 – Move from Visual Basic 6.0 to .NET and My analysis + new chart on why people still have VB6
- FREE MSDN Flash eBook with 13 technical articles spanning dynamic languages to game development to cloud computing: Posted in April and a second eBook has now been added in December
- UK MSDN Flash Poll: How did your software team score in the Joel Test?: Posted in August
By average time on page
- FREE MSDN Flash eBook of the best 13 technical articles of 2009: Posted in December with a whopping 11minutes!
- Using IIS to generate a X509 certificate for use with the Windows Azure Service Management API – step by step: Posted in September. 9 minutes.
- Two great UK conferences – yet so different! Bathcamp and Software Architect 2009: Posted in October. 9 minutes – deciphering the table and looking at pretty pictures :-)
- Windows Azure Platform “free” for MSDN Subscribers and BizSpark companies: Posted in October. 9 minutes - deciphering the table again :-)
- MSDN Flash Podcast Show 011 – Steve Marx on Windows Azure: Posted in October. 8 minutes.
I don’t draw many conclusions from the above as there were lots of posts with only slightly lower “pageview/time on page” to the above top 5. There were two that stood out as significantly more popular though. Entity Framework 4.0 Resources – documentation links, best blog posts and more and How much does Team Foundation Server REALLY cost vs SourceSafe? together amounted for 10% of my traffic. Best keep them up to date :-)