CloudCasts Blog

Webcasts in the Cloud
posts - 131 , comments - 71 , trackbacks - 120

My Links

Article Categories

Image Galleries

Bloggers Guides

BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

Microsoft has released the preparation guide for the BizTalk Server 2004 exam. It looks like it covers a broad spectrum of the product, so there’s quite a lot to learn. I plan to have a go at it pretty soon, but I have quite a bit to get through yet. Christof Claessans has passed, any others?

Print | posted on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 3:03 PM |

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

I didn't know the Prep Guide was out yet. I'll take a look and I plan on taking the exam as soon as I have some time. If you have any tips, please pass them on.
2/1/2005 3:37 PM | Mike Holdorf

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

I've scheduled it for the 24th, I will certianly post something on my blog about it.
2/4/2005 10:33 AM | Danny Buysse

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

It's tough - I passed and was asked details about interfaces (which are needed and which are optional), command line apps AND what each parameter does (e.g. pipeline.exe, ssomanage.exe)

All about BAM - when cubes are created/populated etc.

So my one piece of advice is - you need to actually DO the different tasks in a BTS solution first. e.g do BAM from start through to deployment, do TPM, do 'creating a custom pipeline component'

Also know about installing BTS - from the readme. (When installing BAM on a manager machine, msmq is required etc.)

One that I remember - when running the BTS ConfigFramework.exe, you discover that the domain service accts are not created. What do you do? (a) MINIMIZE the ConfigFramework.exe, go and create the accts, then come back - maximize and carry on....or (b) EXIT configframework.exe, create the accts, then re-run configframework.exe

2/17/2005 12:03 AM | Mick Badran

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

Alan, Did you already pass and have more tips like Mick's ones. I postponned it due to project rescheduling until the 10th. If in the Meantime you've got tips pass them on if you feel like it.
3/2/2005 8:12 PM | Danny Buysse

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

I've posted a post regarding my exam experience in my blog.
4/11/2005 2:57 PM | Saravana Kumar

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

Its funny this listing from Mick since the prep guide on the web contains no ref of BAM at all! its wierd that they asked for such a specific question when the topic was not even in teh prep guide!
4/12/2005 11:09 AM | muhammad Omer

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

So Mick, was a) the correct answer? It is possible to go and create the accounts, then come back to continue the config wizard. BUT it could also be a trick question, because there is no way to minimize the wizard, you can only either continue or cancel.
4/15/2005 1:04 PM | Peter Lillevold

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

Friends, Can you suggest any books!
7/6/2005 7:51 AM | vaas

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

Can anyone provide more specific tips for the exam 74-135.
10/6/2005 10:43 AM | James Chore

<B>Can anyone provide more specific tips for the exam 74-135.</B>
10/6/2005 10:44 AM | James Chore

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

Can anyone give more specific tips on the types of questions appeared and percentage of each area covered...
Thanks in Advance
F!roz`Ozman
10/10/2005 6:50 AM | FirozOzman

Can give me a document like TestKing ? :D
10/20/2005 11:18 AM | rodrigo

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

>> Can give me a document like TestKing ?

Let's hope TestKing keep their hands of the BizTalk exam.

Keep it for those who know the product, and away from the masses ;-)

/Alan
10/20/2005 3:13 PM | Alan

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

ok Alan, i agree with you, but i really need to pass in this exam, i need help plz ... :p
11/1/2005 1:32 PM | rodrigo

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

any free training materials and/or books available on the net?
2/7/2006 11:19 AM | Kamal

Hi,

Would anyone of you know...can this exam be credited as an elective exam under the MCAD track? Any information regarding this matter would be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Tet
4/8/2006 1:02 PM | Tet

Hi,

The BizTalk 2004 exam is a "Partner Compitnecy" exam, and is not part of the MCP program, so it's not good for counting towards MCAD or MCSD. There should be an exam for 2006, but I have not heard if this will be an MCP exam or not.

I'd recommend taking the exam if you intend to specialise in BizTalk development, there's a ton of good hands on stuff you need to know to pass, and it's all relavant to real world scenarios.

Good luck if you go for it...

Regards,

Alan
4/10/2006 6:52 AM | Alan

hi

i need BizTalk 2004 guide to prepare. i dont know about tht can u give me a good notes.

vikram25383@yahoo.com
9/21/2006 2:23 AM | vikram

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

hi all , Iam doing some tasks in BTS 2004, iam in urgent need to finish BTS 2004 74-135 exam . plz help me or give some guidelines to mveeramanoharan@hcl.in
10/4/2006 11:14 AM | Manoj

# re: BizTalk 2004 Exam Preparation Guide (74-135)

can anyone provide the material for the preparation of biztalk exam
12/20/2006 10:09 AM | amar