Above the Fold:
's latest Desert Mountain Developers
's latest Visual Studio #LightSwitch Daily
Check out Shawn Wildermuth
's take on the AppStore and WP7 in general: 40,000 Apps - What Does It Mean?
Be sure to check out Jesse Liberty
& Paul Betts
new book: Programming Reactive Extensions and LINQ
, I've just had a little time to look at mine, but don't let the size fool you... this is the good stuff!
Stay in the 'Light!
- LightSwitch Chat Application Using A Data Source Extension
- In his latest LightSwitch post, Michael Washington gives up code that will enable two people using the same LightSwitch app to chat. Great detailed tutorial as usual!
- Handling AdControl Fetching Exception
- WindowsPhoneGeek turns the blog reigns over to Oliver Fuh for this post about using the AdControl in your WP7 app and handling a common exception you get with the Microsoft AdControl
- Handling Extremely Large Data Sets in Silverlight
- In this excerpt from his book, Jeremy Likness discusses reading *LARGE* data sets with Silverlight using 3 different patterns: OData, WCF RIA Services, and MVVM.
- Using MVVM with the AutoCompleteTextBox in Silverlight 4
- Derik Whittaker takes a break from WinRT to discuss the Silverlight 4 AutoCompleteTextBox and MVVM ... including a custom Behavior to allow the backing property to be updated and a command to trigger background searches
- Yet Another Podcast #52–Peter Torr on Windows Phone Multitasking
- Jesse Liberty scored Peter Torr on his Latest Yet Another Podcast .. talking about Multitasking on Windows Phone including background agents, the backstack, and other Mango features
- 31 Days of Mango | Day #8: Contacts API
- Jeff Blankenburg's Day 8 is about a new namespace on WP7: Microsoft.Phone.UserData ... now giving us the ability to treat the user's contact list like a local database
- 31 Days of Mango | Day #9: Calendar API
- On Day 9 in his series, Jeff Blankenburg revisits the Microsoft.Phone.UserData namespace and looks at another set of data: the calendar
- Want to Decompile Silverlight XAP files? Try JustDecompile Beta!
- Michael Crump has a post up about the new free developer productivity tool from Telerik that provides assembly browsing and decompiling: JustDecompile ... Just download it!
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10