|In this Heavy and yet incomplete Issue: Mike Wolf, Walter Ferrari, Colin Eberhardt, Mathew Charles, Don Burnett, Senthil Kumar, cherylws, Rob Miles, Derik Whittaker, Thomas Martinsen(-2-), Jason Ginchereau, Vishal Nayan, and WindowsPhoneGeek.
Above the Fold:
||"Automatically Showing ToolTips on a Trimmed TextBlock (Silverlight)"
||"Windows Phone Blue Book Pdf"
||"Discover Sharepoint with Silverlight - Part 1"
Dave Isbitski has announced a WP7 Firestarter, check for your local MS office: Announcing the “Light up your Silverlight Applications for Windows 7 Firestarter”
- Leveraging Silverlight in the USA TODAY Windows 7-Based Slate App
- Mike Wolf has a post up about Cynergy's release of the new USA TODAY software for Windows 7 Slate devices, and gives a great rundown of all the resources, and how specific Silverlight features were used... tons of outstanding external links here!
- Discover Sharepoint with Silverlight - Part 1
- Walter Ferrari has tutorial up at SilverlightShow... looks like the first in a series on Silverlight and Sharepoint... lots of low-level info about the internals and using them.
- Automatically Showing ToolTips on a Trimmed TextBlock (Silverlight)
- Colin Eberhardt has a really cool AutoTooltip attached behavior that gives a tooltip of the actual text if text is trimmed ... and has an active demo on the post... very cool.
- RIA Services Output Caching
- Mathew Charles digs into a RIA feature that hasn't gotten any blog love: output caching, describing all the ins and outs of improving the performance of your app using caching.
- Emailing your Files to Box.net Cloud Storage with WP7
- Don Burnett details out everything you need to do to get Box.Net and your WP7 setup to talk to each other.
- Shortcuts keys for Developing on Windows Phone 7 Emulator
- Senthil Kumar has some good WP7 posts up ... this one is a cheatsheet list of Function-key assignements for the WP7 emulator... another sidebar listint
- Windows Phone 7 Design Guidelines – Cheat Sheet
- cherylws has a great Guideline list/Cheat Sheet up for reference while building a WP7 app... this is a great reference... I'm adding it to the Right-hand sidebar of WynApse.com
- Windows Phone Blue Book Pdf
- Rob Miles has added another book and color to his collection of both -- Windows Phone Programming in C#, also known as the Windows Phone Blue Book... get a copy from the links he gives, and check out his other free books as well.
- Navigating to an external URL using the HyperlinkButton
- Derik Whittaker has a post up discussing the woes (and error messages) of trying to navigate to an external URL with the Hyperlink button in WP7, plus his MVVM-friendly solution that you can download.
- Set Source on Image from code in Silverlight
- Thomas Martinsen has a couple posts up... first is this quick one on the code required to set an image source.
- Show UI element based on authentication
- Thomas Martinsen's latest is one on a BoolToVisibilityConverter allowing a boolean indicator of Authentication to be used to control the visibility of a button (in the sample)
- WP7 ReorderListBox improvements: rearrange animations and more
- Jason Ginchereau has updated his ReorderListBox from last week to add some animations (fading/sliding) during the rearrangement.
- Navigation in Silverlight Without Using Navigation Framework
- Vishal Nayan has a post that attracted my attention... Navigation by manipulating RootVisual content... I've been knee-deep in similar code in Prism this week (and why my blogging is off) ...
- Creating a WP7 Custom Control in 7 Steps
- WindowsPhoneGeek creates a simple custom control for WP7 before your very eyes in his latest post, focusing on the minimum requirements necessary for writing a Custom Control.
Stay in the 'Light!
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10