In this Issue: Benjamin Gavin, Richard Waddell, Kunal Chowdhury, Chris Koenig, Timmy Kokke, cherylws, David Anson, Jeremy Likness, David Kelley, Andy Beaulieu, and Walt Ritscher.
Stay in the 'Light!
- Silverlight TreeView Case Study - FAQ Maintenance - Part 1
- Benjamin Gavin is pulling together the posts he's recently done and producing an updatable FAQ file app -- something I find useful -- and this is part 1 ... good stuff!
- Extending Central Silverlight Business Rules to Client and Server Side Field-Level Validation
- Richard Waddell has a big ol' tutorial up that covers a lot of ground in Silverlight 4: ViewModel, Validation (Client & Server validation and Exception handling), Error message binding, and business rule violations being displayed at field level as reported back from the server just to name a few things...
- First Guide to MEF and Silverlight (Part–III)
- Kunal Chowdhury has part 3 of his MEF/Silverlight tutorial series up at CodeProject and is again using a console app to give visibility into the process.
- Chris Koenig - My “Hello World” Windows Phone 7 Application
- Chris Koenig gives up his MVVMLight-ified Netflix Catalog Sample that he's been demo'ing for a while ... grab it and learn...
- Handling PivotViewer events
- Timmy Kokke continues his exploration and explanation of the PivotViewer control, and is discussing the various events you'll want to become familiar with this time.
- Loading a static XML file to your Windows Phone/Silverlight App
- Read how cherylws from the SilverlightSDK loaded static XML data into a WP7 app... not difficult at all, and a great solution for a small amount of data.
- LayoutTransformer works great on the Windows Phone platform
- David Anson responds to a bunch of email about the possibility of using LayoutTransform on WP7 by producing and offering up LayoutTransformer for us!
- Fluent Validation with MEF and PRISM
- Jeremy Likness is still diggin' MEF and Prism, and his latest post is building a validation library shared between Silverlight and the server, then integrated via MEF and Prism... tired yet? :)
- Getting the Root Visual in Phone7
- David Kelley gives up the answer to a question that was bugging him for a while in hopes it will save you some time as well.
- DroppyPop for WP7 Update
- Andy Beaulieu's one of the most creative guys I know... and he has a new version of "DroppyPop" that he'd like everyone to give a dance and some feedback... check it out!
- Silverlight 4 New Features
- Walt Ritscher has some training videos up at Lynda.com on Silverlight 4 New Features such as OOB, Elevated Trust, new controls, peripherals, API changes, and Blend 4 new features
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10