In this Issue: Michael Washington, Jeff Fansler, Jeff Wilcox, Rob Eisenburg, Vikram Pendse, Nigel Sampson(-2-), Jesse Liberty, Simon Jackson, and Nick Ohrn.
I'm pretty sure I found this link via @brian_henderson: Creating High Performance Silverlight Applications for Windows Phone
New and untried:
Can't find the link I got this from, but it looks interesting for wp7dev XNA: Helium
Stay in the 'Light!
- Deleting A Silverlight DataGrid Row With A Button On The Row
- Michael Washington demonstrates the solution to a puzzle: removing a record from a DataGrid when the ViewModel you instantiated is not connected to the XAML page the UI is on.
- Windows Phone 7 Launchers and Choosers
- Jeff Fansler has his Launchers and Choosers post up for WP7, and as before he's got some good external links included, plus the code.
- TiltContentControl for Windows Phone
- Jeff Wilcox is discussing the Tilt control that you see on the phone, but don't have in the bits... then provides a TiltContentControl to download and explains it's use! ... too cool... and tons of info about 2/3 of the way down... custom easing functions, how to use this in the beta tools, etc...
- Caliburn.Micro Soup to Nuts Pt. 4 – Working with Windows Phone 7
- Rob Eisenburg has part 4 of his Caliburn.Micro series up and is discussing WP7 now... and those things you may need to be aware of in programming Silverlight for WP7
- Silverlight On Mobile : Charting on Windows Phone 7
- Vikram Pendse is exploring charting on WP7 today... and goes beyond the basic chart to explore some styles in Blend as well.
- WP7 Tutorial: Minutes to Midnight
- Nigel Sampson has a separate section on his blog now for WP7 tutorials... the first is this one... a countdown timer with an embedded font.
- WP7 Tutorial: Candle
- Nigel Sampson's next tutorial is an animated candle image... covering embedded images and programmatic storyboards
- You May Already Be A Windows Phone 7 Programmer – Reloaded
- Jesse Liberty is beginning a series of 'Intensive WP7 Tutorials' ... and I'll be watching... and you should too! This first one discusses the fact that if you're a Silverlight dev, you're also a WP7 dev and what you may need to pay attention to.
- New WP7 Samples - Just worth shouting about!
- For the one or two of you that haven't already seen this, Simon Jackson posted a nice list of wp7dev tutorials that recently went up... XNA goodness in there if you wanna learn...
- Using Silverlight to Create a Digg Client for Windows Phone 7
- As Nick Ohrn says in his intro, this post introduces a bunch of WP7 features all rolled into a useful app, so is a good one to get your head around.
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10