In this Issue: Max Paulousky, Jeremy Likness, Mark Tucker, Christian Schormann, Page Brooks, Brad Abrams(-2-), Jeff Wilcox, Unnir, Bea Stollnitz, John Papa and Adam Kinney, and Bill Reiss(-2-).
Ashish Shetty posted his material from his MIX10 presentation: Stepping outside the browser with Silverlight 4
Not Silverlight, but dang useful, Karl Shifflett posted a Visual Studio 2010 XAML Editor IntelliSense Presenter Extension
Yavor Georgiev posted his MIX10 material: Two samples from today's MIX talk
Stay in the 'Light!
- GroupBox Sketching Control for WPF applications Using Blend
- Max Paulousky creates a GroupBox control for SketchFlow for WPF. He includes a link to an example of doing the same for Silverlight.
- Sequential Asynchronous Workflows in Silverlight using Coroutines
- Jeremy Likness' latest post begann with a post on the Silverlight.net forum and Rob Eisenburg's MVVM presentation from MIX10 resulting in the use of Wintellect's PowerThreading library (downloadable), and Coroutines.
- Windows Phone 7 UI Templates
- Mark Tucker has been putting a lot of thought into WP7 apps and produced 5 templates for building apps, downloadable in PowerPoint format. He's also looking to discuss this concept.
- Blend 4: About Path Layout, Part I
- Christian Schormann has a great tutorial up about Expression Blend 4 and path layout ... this is lots of great info, and it's only part 1!
- Custom Splash Screen for Windows Phone
- Page Brooks makes very quick work of showing how to add a splash screen to your WP7 app... very nice, Page!
- Silverlight 4 + RIA Services - Ready for Business: Exposing Data from Entity Framework
- Brad Abrams next post in the series is is on pulling your data from wherever it lives, and uses a DomainService to shape it for your Silverlight app.
- Silverlight 4 + RIA Services - Ready for Business: Consuming Data in the Silverlight Client
- Brad Abrams then discusses consuming that data in a Silverlight app. Not much code involvement at all.. great ROI :)
- Building Silverlight 3 and Silverlight 4 applications on a .NET 3.5 build machine
- Jeff Wilcox talks about building Silverlight 3 and Silverlight 4B both on a .NET 3.5 machine. He then adds in the Toolkit, and even WCF RIA Services.
- Expression Blend 4 - XAML generation tweaks
- Unnir demonstrates a few changes to Expression Blend 4 that produce more compact XAML. He's also asking for other examples you'd like to see tightened up.
- How can I sort a hierarchy?
- Bea Stollnitz posts plausible solutions to sorting data items at each level of a hierarchical UI, with descriptions of why they don't work, followed by the real deal... Silverlight and WPF.
- Silverlight Training Course (Silverlight 4)
- John Papa and Adam Kinney have posted a huge body of work to get us up-to-speed on Silverlight 4 -- a WhitePaper, hands-on labs, and an 8-unit course with 25 accompanying videos... geez...
- Silverlight game development on Windows Phone 7
- Bill Reiss has a post up discussing game development on WP7 in general and then discusses his SilverSprite library, with a link to it.
- XNA or Silverlight for Windows Phone 7 game development?
- Bill Reiss next discusses the advantage of using Silverlight or XNA for your WP7 game development, and who better to discuss both?
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 Windows Phone MIX10