Happy New Year 2010
In this Issue: Fredrik Normén, Damon Serji, Gavin Wignall, András Velvárt, Vibor Cipan, and CrocusGirl.
The Silverlight Team Blog has an interactive customizable New Year's card up for your use: Happy Holiday Season and Happy New Year from the Silverlight team
I've added a WebCam/Mic tag to Silverlight Cream, and tagged 13 prior posts, so you can now search for them on the search page.
- WCF RIA Services – Dynamically create a criteria on the client-side
- Fredrik Normén has a WCF RIA Services post up on dynamically building up a search string and pass it to the server side for execution.
- Silverlight Preloader
- Damon Serji has a pust up at SilverlightTips on building your own Silverlight PreLoader... demo and code available... not the normal preloader, and looks good!
- Clipping paths in canvas using Expression Blend
- Gavin Wignall has a post up at SilverlightTips discussing Clipping paths in Expression Blend -- good stuff, as usual!
- No more magic strings with VisualStateManager.GoToState
- András Velvárt is discussing the removal of 'magic strings' from GoToState calls, and a bonus section on using the ability to name states and access them by name.
- Silverlight tutorial: HOW TO build CommandLink Control in Silverlight with Expression Blend 3 and Behaviors
- Vibor Cipan has a post up about using Silverlight 3 and Behaviors in Blend to build a command link control if you're using Vista or '7'.
- 2010 Resolutions
- CrocusGirl has a cool 2010 New Year's Resolution page up that you can join in and get populated with the most popular resolutions of the new year... great cloud, Cigdem!
Stay in the 'Light!
Twitter SilverlightNews | Twitter WynApse | WynApse.com | Tagged Posts | SilverlightCream
Join me @ SilverlightCream | Phoenix Silverlight User Group
Technorati Tags: Silverlight Silverlight 3 Silverlight 4 SilverlightCream