In this issue: Justin Angel, Shemesh, Albert Eyal, Steve, Ruurd Boeke, Mike Snow, Mehdi Slaoui Andaloussi, Gerard Leblanc, and Jesse Liberty.
Steve Smith has opened up a couple new 'feeds' sites that are of note: Azure Feeds and Silverlight Feeds. He has others that you can find info about on these sites but the main idea is to go to Silverlight Feeds and submit your material. I'm mentioning this in good faith that you will also submit to Silverlight Cream of course :) ... yet another source of information for us all!
Michael Sync has written an outstanding book review of Chad Campbell/John Stockton's tome: Book Review: Silverlight 2 in Action. Personally, I've been familiar with this book since it's inception, and have always maintained that it would be a great desk-reference. I proved that to be the case myself this weekend using a printed copy and an eBook copy... excellent reference book... whatever Michael says goes double from me!
Stay in the 'Light!
- Silverlight Design Time Extensibility
- Justin Angel sent me a link to this what... gotta be a white-paper (almost) .. HUGE article on Design-Time Extensibility. Yowzer ... that looks like a week's worth of work! Tons of great information. Take the time to read through it. I've got it marked for further reading and have it linked to send to a couple people in particular (you know who you are).
- Silverlight: GridSplitter with a collapse button
- Shemesh posted a first Silverlight blog post ... I'm thinking look for more :) ... This one is on a GridSplitter with a button between the two halves ... and it works very cool!
- How to create a Visual WebGui Silverlight application
- OK I'm going to be wrong one way or the other, I'm guessing Albert Eyal... and apologize ahead of time if the name is wrong! ... has a Visual WebGUI/Silverlight tutorial up. Good information and explanation!
- 2.5D UserControl for Silverlight 2
- Right on the heels of yesterday's Scott Guthrie post, Steve on the Expression blog has a cool "2.5D" user control that you can download and play with ... oh, and the source :)
- Transitioning the content in an expander – part Two
- Ruurd Boeke has part two of his Expander discussions. The samples work great. I love the slow-down, and it's so much cooler, yet I would NOT have thought of doing that...
- Silverlight Tip of the Day #72 – New Silverlight 2 Web Site Clean Up Check List
- Mike Snow gives his list of crap to remember to do before deploying a Silverlight Web Site. I always end up making multiple passes, maybe I should use a check list, huh?
- Creating new ISM-Compatible Themes
- Mehdi Slaoui Andaloussi has a great tutorial up on Themes and ISM... good pictures... easy to read.
- Page turner updated for Silverlight 2 RTM
- Gerard Leblanc explains how to use the SL2RTW Page turner code ... this stuff always startles me when I see it and I just have to turn some pages back and forth for while :)
- Silverlight Related Skills – Post #2
- Jesse Liberty follows up yesterday's post about skills related to Silverlight with this one on LINQ... and I know yesterday's post didn't make it to the SilverlightNews Twitter feed because of the pound sign... maybe I need to filter that out since I can't seem to remember it.
Twitter SLNews | Join me @ SilverlightCream | SL Web Articles | SL2 Web Articles | My Articles | My Tutorials | My Tooltips | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | SilverlightCream
Technorati Tags: Silverlight SilverlightCream
posted @ Tuesday, November 18, 2008 1:55 PM