On the heels of yesterday's 17 links, there's 11 today, and at least one other hidden away. I've got posts by Rob Houwelng, Andrew Brown, Ashish Shetty(2), Joe Stegman, Jeff Paries, Pete Brown, LeeOnTech, Darren Mart, Adam Kinney, Koen Swikstra, and Jesse Liberty.
Quite a few people have been updating their Beta 1 pages to Beta 2. Jeff Paries' Design With Silverlight site has the Bird Hunt and Tank Combat games updated including the downloadable code.
Stay in the 'Light!
- Fragmenti Picture Puzzle Game
- Andrew Brown sent me a link to his game. At first I thought, ok, we've seen the sliding-block puzzles before... but not with all the infrastructure... this is pretty cool, and I won't even tell you how long it took me to do the first one :) No source for this, unless you consider the fact that it is Silverlight 1.0 ... yeah me too :)
- How to detect NO mouse movement
- Rob Houweling displays a method for detecting no mouse movement, and allowing things like hiding media player controls to happen... one of those things you don't think about until you need it... good job!
- How to tell a Silverlight assembly from a .NET Framework one?
- In the first of two articles this weekend, Ashish discusses how to tell a Silverlight 2 assembly from a standard .NET assembly.
- Pages in Silverlight
- In his second article, Ashish has a really nice write-up on the concept of pages in Silverlight, and discusses it with code examples.
- Sample Updates for Beta 2
- Joe Stegman has updated his latest work to Beta 2, but has lots of external links and updates to his code as well.
- Expression Encoder SDK Now Available
- Pete Brown found this link about the Expression Encoder SDK and has some code to demonstrate.
- Silverlight DataGrid Issues
- Lee describes a puzzler... read his page... it's not all that long, but he certainly seems to have a point about some things not working correctly on the DataGrid.
- Buddy Knavery
- This from Tim Sneath, an old-school game in Silverlight written by one guy since Beta 1 came out... yikes!... seriously interesting if only for how did he do all that in that short a time...
- Hello Silverlight Beta 2
- Adam Kinney posted a very cool application/demo for Silverlight 2 Beta 2, plust links to goodness.
- VisualTreeHelper is a Spy's best friend
- Koen Zwikstra of FirstFloor has been dilligently working on Silverlight Spy which we'll all benefit from, and is raving about the VisualTreeHelper... Probably worth a good hard look if he's that excited :)
- What is coming soon?
- I normally don't post links to blogs that describe what someone is going to do, because searching for something will then bring up a link to something that doesn't really exist, but in this situation, Jesse is blogging about upcoming webcasts that you don't want to miss out on, so definitely take a look at all the stuff he has on his plate!
Twitter SLNews | Join me @ SilverlightCream | SL Web Articles | SL2 Web Articles | My Articles | My Tutorials | My Tooltips | My SL2 Articles | My SL2 ToolTips | SilverlightCream
posted @ Sunday, June 8, 2008 10:55 PM