Today's deal of the day from Microsoft Press at http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0790145309846.do
is Getting More Productive with Microsoft® Visual Studio®
"Take a detailed look into Visual Studio—and learn practical
techniques to help you work more efficiently. This fully revised and
expanded version of Visual Studio Tips: 251 Ways to Improve Your Productivity
includes a comprehensive collection of tips and shortcuts for working
with the code editor, visual designers, searches, debugger, and other
features in Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010. You'll gain valuable
insights for using this IDE—no matter what your experience level.
Discover how to:
- Change development settings and keyboard mappings to optimize your efficiency
- Save time initiating a new project by creating custom templates
- Uncover secrets for working with the toolbox, commands, and window layouts
- Work with files in more practical ways, such as using the File Tab Channel
- Use the Editor more effectively with tips on selecting and manipulating code
- Apply techniques to help reduce the time you spend debugging code
- Create Visual Studio extensions to increase your development productivity"
This is an excellent book that I recommend to all Visual Studio developers. I am currently reviewing this book and will be blogging more about it later. Meanwhile buy yourself a copy as just one tip from this book could repay the price of the book many times over.