Continuing my series of great free stuff for SQL Server I’ve pulled a rabbit out of the hat for you today!
In this economic climate one of the first things that seems to get cut is the training budget so anything that can help get your head around stuff is a big plus.
To help Microsoft has released SQL Server 2008 Developer Training Kit
So what does the Training Kit contain …
- Presentations (6)
- Date and Time Types
- Reporting Services
- Demos (12)
- AdventureWorks Racing All-Up SQL Server 2008 Demo
- SQL Server 2008 All-Up Spatial Demo
- Spatial Types Demo
- Intro to Filestream Demo
- SQL CLR Nullable Types Demo
- Programming with Filestream Demo
- Reporting Services Web Application Integration Demo
- Date and Time Support in SQL Server 2008 Demo
- T-SQL Table-Valued Parameters Demo
- T-SQL Row Constructors Demo
- T-SQL Grouping Sets Demo
- T-SQL Merge Demo
- Hands-on Labs (3)
- Using Spatial Data in TSQL
- Using Spatial Data in Managed Code
- Using SQL CLR in SQL Server 2008
To install it you are going to need a copy of SQL Server 2008 (at least Express Edition with Advanced Services) Visual Studio (the free versions will work just fine) and the Adventure Works 2008 sample databases installed first!
Now it says in the recommended operating systems that XP is supported, I was getting error messages when I installed it on XP that didn’t appear when I installed it onto Windows 2008, so my advice would be not to install it on a desktop version of the OS.
Technorati Tags: SQL Server