TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

UPDATE:  For full TwitterMinder documentation, see this TwitterMinder article.

In my last two posts I mentioned my recent introduction to Twitter (after having watched so many people blab about it for the past few months).  So today I went ahead and published my Google Calendar to Twitter RSBScript, and gave it the name TwitterMinder:

TwitterMinder will check your Google Calendar for events that are occuring in the next hour, and if it finds any, they will be automatically submitted to your Twitter account.  RSBScript source code is available.

Now if my desktop agent (Twitterific, Tweet-r, etc.) knew how to automatically POST to TwitterMinder every hour, that would be nice.  I subscribed to TwitterMinder in FeedDemon:  FeedDemon includes my auth info on the querystring, and the rss feed itself returns either successful tweet details or nothing at all.

The coolest thing about TwitterMinder is the source.  If you look at it (available in the "developers" note), its amazingly simple thanks to the power of the RSSBus Gcal and Twitter connectors.  This source could easily be modified so that instead of connecting Google Calendar to Twitter, I could connect SalesForce.com events to Twitter, or Upcoming.org events to Twitter.

Technical details about TwitterMinder:

Technorati Tags: , ,

Print | posted on Thursday, August 9, 2007 12:38 PM

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by kinoteka at 9/28/2008 5:55 AM
Gravatar Hi,

I found about twitterminder and I set it up to send notices from my calendar to twitter.

At the moment, I think it posts the notices couple of our too late I guess becasuse of different time zones. Is there any way to change this?

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by cata at 12/18/2008 3:36 PM
Gravatar It's not working or what?
When I try to subscribe to the rsb mentioned with FeedDemon it returns this error:
"Error: Formatter [ gcal_cal ] failed with the error : Trying to access the value of an attribute that does not exist."

and sends me to this page:
"http://www.textbox1.com/apps/twitterminder/Gcal_to_Twitter.rsb?@html"

which disploys this message:

"Error Code Error Description
rsb:info_check The attribute 'gcal_email' is required to call the operation 'Gcal_to_Twitter.rsb'."

what's wrong?

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by cata at 12/18/2008 4:42 PM
Gravatar Sorry.
My mistake. It's working.

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by Nugchompa at 3/9/2009 9:55 AM
Gravatar I still cannot get it to work. I have the same error messages as cata.

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by Lance Robinson at 3/9/2009 11:53 AM
Gravatar cdata and Nugchompa - the problem was mine, and has been fixed.

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by meghan at 5/13/2009 10:53 AM
Gravatar Hi there,
I tried this and was able to do a one time tweet with my personal google calendar but I couldn't get this to work:

1) automatically tweet future events
2) access a hosted google calendar. I tried giving the calendar id as the calendar name with no success.

Any ideas?

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by Parvinder Singh at 8/14/2009 2:46 AM
Gravatar I got this error when i gave all the info (userid, passwd)
Code: rsb:call
Error: Operation gcalSearch failed with the error: DOM tree unavailable (set BuildDOM to true and reparse)

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by Michael at 9/21/2009 11:27 AM
Gravatar Does the application work for all day events?

# re: TwitterMinder - Google Calendar to Twitter

Left by Matt at 1/4/2010 11:19 PM
Gravatar I got Error: Operation gcalSearch failed with the error: Specified value has invalid CRLF characters.
Parameter name: value