AdWords API - 404 Not Found

Today I revisited an Adwords demo that I worked on a while back. It didn't work! The last time I checked it was working fine! The response from every soap request was:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Not FoundTITLE>
<HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">
<H1>Not Found<H1>
<H2>Error 404<H2>
<BODY>
<HTML>
I looked at the code and saw nothing wrong. I looked at the account information I was using and saw nothing wrong. After about 20 minutes of looking for the problem, I noticed that the service endpoint URL defined in the WSDL was:
"https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v2/CampaignService" 
and the URL I was using in my code was:
"https://AdWords.google.com/api/AdWords/v2/CampaignService" 
Sure enough, that was the problem! Once I corrected the path to the proper case, everything is working again. Ouch!

Print | posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 1:44 PM

Feedback

No comments posted yet.

Your comment:





 
 

Copyright © Lance Robinson

Design by Bartosz Brzezinski

Design by Phil Haack Based On A Design By Bartosz Brzezinski