Vishal Modi

Home  |   Contact  |   Syndication    |   Login
  45 Posts | 0 Stories | 95 Comments | 0 Trackbacks

Blogs

Links

Tags

Hello All,

Recently I installed Microsoft new Windows 7 Ultimate the version7600 on my machine . This RC version is going to be almost identical to the final release from Microsoft. I installed the trial version of it, downloaded from Microsoft site here. The trial version can be extended for 120 days of trial period. It can be done following the steps shown here.

Now my goal was to install the BizTalk Server 2009.

The steps I followed.

• Installed Visual Studio 2008 and later installed Service Pack 1 for it. Trial version can be downloaded here.
  • Installed SQL Server 2008. Trial version can be downloaded here.
  • Finally BizTalk Server 2009 and that’s it. Trial version can be downloaded here.

I know the steps are pretty straight forward but I was skeptical about everything getting installed perfectly. I have Sony Vaio VGN N250 E-Series and even before installing the Windows 7 I was skeptical that my Vaio drivers would work or not because my particular machine is like very choosy about the OS. I had got it when Windows Vista was first introduced in Jan 2007 I suppose. At that time I tried installing XP on my machine but no. There were no drivers software available for my machine anywhere and finally I had to reinstall Vista. Nothing worked at that time like sound drivers, wireless, etc. Now Sony does have drivers for XP for my machine. I did not bother much to do workaround at that time.

Anyways, so what I feel is Windows 7 is way better than Vista so far. I haven’t done yet any development with BizTalk or any other testing so if I just talk about usability, performance, looks than I felt its very good. It consumes so less memory than Vista. I have a 3GB RAM on my machine but when there was Vista it was always above 60%. Now even after installing all other software’s like KLCodec, Itunes, VLC Player, MS Office, few Messengers etc and the above 3 giant ones still Windows 7 does not consume so much memory. Even CPU usage is comparatively way efficient than Vista. I have became a fan of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Lets see if I can install the ESB 2.0 Toolkit on Windows 7 as according to its prerequisites it can be installed on Windows Server only. I ll try for some workaround this weekend and keep you guys posted.

Till than happy BizTalkinggg...!!!!

Thanks,

Vishal

posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 9:47 AM

# re: BizTalk Server 2009 on Windows 7 Ultimate. 9/6/2009 7:23 AM kirti
From where have u got prerequisite cab files for biztalk

# re: BizTalk Server 2009 on Windows 7 Ultimate. 10/28/2009 9:11 AM Massimo
Hi Vishal,
I have installed BizTalk 2009 on my Windows 7 machine. W7 final release.
I installed VS 2008 + SQL Server 2008 SP1 + BizTalk 2009.
BizTalk 2009 installation works, but not the configuration.
When I try to configure Enterprise SSO, the configuration fails saying: ""(0x80070002) The system cannot find the file specified.".
You can find details on this forum:

Have you got any idea?
Thanks a lot.

Massimo

# re: BizTalk Server 2009 on Windows 7 Ultimate. 10/28/2009 9:57 AM Vishal
Hi Massimo,
I never ran into that issue. I had installed on Windows 7 Beta version and later it expired and I reinstalled the final release, after that I never got chance to reinstall Biztalk on Windows 7.
But soon I will be trying Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 and try using BTS with it. I ll post if I run into any issues.

# re: BizTalk Server 2005 on Windows 7 Ultimate. 5/27/2010 11:25 AM Vinod Kumar
hiii sir i have installed sqlServer2005 but when i am trying to connnect to database its not connecting.
Suggest me immediately sir.

# re: BizTalk Server 2009 on Windows 7 Ultimate. 5/27/2010 4:21 PM Vishal Mody
Did you also installed the SQL Server 2005 SP3

Also check that you have all the prerequisites installed and configured correctly.

Thanks,

Vishal

# re: BizTalk Server 2009 on Windows 7 Ultimate. 9/30/2010 7:58 PM raja
install sql server 2008 express edition

# re: BizTalk Server 2009 on Windows 7 Ultimate. 8/3/2011 11:28 PM Bhupal Rathod
Vishal,

I have recently bought dell vostro3550 laptop and would like to install biztalk 2009/2010 and i have windows7 home premium OS.
Will this OS version work for installation of biztalk or should i upgrade to proferssional or ultimate?
Appreciate your advice.