Copyright © 2008-2018 Paula DiTallo

Why can't I connect to SSIS through management studio?

The microsoft integration service is secure by default. The DBA has to grant access to the service in order for it to connect successfully through ssms.

To grant access to the Integration Services service

1. Run Dcomcnfg.exe. Dcomcnfg.exe provides a user interface for modifying certain settings in the registry.

2. In the Component Services dialog, expand the Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config node.

3. Right-click Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 11.0, and then click Properties.

4. On the Security tab, click Edit in the Launch and Activation Permissions area.

5. Add users and assign appropriate permissions, and then click Ok.

6. Repeat steps 4 - 5 for Access Permissions.

7. Restart SQL Server Management Studio.

8. Restart the Integration Services Service.

Monday, August 26, 2013 10:44 AM

# re: Why can't I connect to SSIS through management studio?

Thanks for this, you've got it spot on. Saved me loads of time :-) 2/21/2014 10:02 AM | Andy

# re: Why can't I connect to SSIS through management studio?

hi team, UPTO 4TH STEP is fine to going process,later i got a error
when create object ,and please fwd to explain later steps
12/25/2016 12:21 AM | SIVA

# re: Why can't I connect to SSIS through management studio?

Hi,
We have SQL Server 2008R2 running with integration services installed however our version is not 11, it is 10 and does not display in the DCOM Config node list.
Have you encountered something like this?
We also do not have access rights to this client's SQL server machine so can not re-install SSIS.
I am trying to talk their IT guy through this process and he keeps telling me there is no MicroSoft SQL Server Integration Services 10.0 in the node 6/22/2017 5:44 AM | Martin K

# re: Why can't I connect to SSIS through management studio?

Thanks a lot :) 9/25/2017 3:41 AM | Radha

# re: Why can't I connect to SSIS through management studio?

I have added all the above security components to the remote server I'm trying to connect with. I am trying to connect using SSMS for SQL Server 2014 to an SSIS 2012 installation and get the following message:

Cannot connect to <servername>

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer <servrename> failed with the following error: "Class not registered".

This error can occur when you try to connect to a SQL Server 2005 Integration Services service from the current version of the SQL Server tools. Instead, add folders to the service configuration file to let the local Integration Services service manage packages on the SQL Server 2005 instance.

My email is mwerts@memic.com.
12/11/2017 11:18 AM | Mike Werts

# re: Why can't I connect to SSIS through management studio?

Thank you so much 2/10/2018 9:56 PM | prabhu

# re: Why can't I connect to SSIS through management studio?

Thanks it worked for me !
I had some issues beacause I didn't retart the service. I post this message to stress that the service have to been resarted.
Thank again.