I work with BizTalk (BTS) and SSIS frequently. In one of my environments, whenever I've programmed in BTS, then jump back to SSIS, the SSIS toolbox is missing in action.
Here's what I do to solve the problem in that environment:
- Save the application and close Visual Studio.
- Go your AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\[whatever version]
- Rename the *.tdb files there to something else like *.tdb.x
- Open Visual Studio (Note: You will see the progress status bar re-initializing all available toolboxes.)
- Open the application.
- On the canvas, navigate to a space without an annotation or a component.
- Right Click and select SSIS Toolbox.
Update: I recently upgraded from vs2010 to vs2012 in another environment without a biztalk installation-- in this case, when the toolbox wasn't visible, I just went to the canvas, did a right click, selected on SSIS Toolbox and that solved the issue. Try this action first. This may be all you need to do to resolve this issue in your environment.