It’s really exciting news that new SDK V1.5 Kinect for Windows was released on May 21st 2012. There are lot of new features and enhancement made as part of this release. Let me highlight few here and I will try to come up with some demo we can explore them in more detail.
1. Seated mode skeletal tracking was included in this release, which can track upto 10 joints.
2. Improved skeletal tracking in near mode and better performance. Also joint orientation info to determine simple pose detection, which is really cool.
3. Facial tracking is one of the new feature added as part of this release.
4. Kinect studio a new tool added to record and debug the Kinect data, which is nice for testing. I had run into issues where I need to watch the Kinect and my app at the same time with V1.0. This tool will definitely fix the issue.
5. Added more locale support for speech recognition and lot of code samples as part of this release.
So with all this new cool features I am really excited to post some demo sometime soon… Meanwhile I will try to post my slides and code I presented at Atlanta code camp 2012 shortly…
Check the Kinect for Windows V1.5 from Rob Relyea: http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/kinect/Special-Edition-Kinect-for-Windows-SDK-v15-now-available
Have fun with Kinect….