Last week, I talked about a new FxCop rule that Krzysztof released to help deal with some issues around multi-targeting. In one of the comments to this post, I was asked to add this rule to the Subtext FxCop rule set. As I started working on this, I discovered that the sample project Krzysztof provided was compiled against the .NET Framework 3.5 and would not load with the stand-alone version of FxCop.
I spent a little bit of time reviewing the code in the sample project and, with only a few minor modifications, I was able to get the rule to compile under the .NET Framework 2.0 and load with the stand-alone version of FxCop. I have cleaned up the code a little bit and am making the sample project available on my SkyDrive public folder.