Greetings! It was a tough decision but I have moved my blog to bargelt.com. Thanks for visiting!
Yesterday the Fat Cyclist (aka Fatty to his
close friends strangers who read his blog) announced his Inaugural Fat Cyclist Triathalon sounds like an amazing event! I'd love to attend. So here is my proposed road trip from the Seattle/Tacoma area:
- Wednesday June 18th: Start out in my motor home, after work... like 5PM from Kent, WA. Drive to Boise, ID.
- Thursday June 19th: Arrive in Boise at about 1AM. Sleep in RV. Wake at whenever... 10. Ride bikes, on the road, mountain, whatever. We will contact locals to figure out exactly what to do.
- Thursday June 19th: Leave Boise in RV by 2PM, arrive in Idaho Falls by 7PM. Meet up with my niece & family for dinner & drinks. Party. Sleep in RV.
- Friday June 20th: Wake whenever, ride bikes, mountain, road, whatever, again talk to the locals before we get there.
- Friday June 20th: Leave Idaho Falls in RV by 2PM, arrive at or near Fatty's Home by 7PM. Sleep.
- Saturday June 21st: Fatty's Triathalon. YES!
- Sunday June 22nd: Drive from Fatty's to Boise, ID. (option 1 - stop, sleep, ride, option 2 - drive home)
- (optional - based on decision in step 7!) Monday June 23rd: Drive from Boise, ID to Seattle/Tacoma, WA.
View Larger Map
My motor home sleeps 7 adults comfortably... yes 7 without sharing a bed. Really. There are only six seat belts for the drive though. The bigger challenge will be to pack up 14 bikes! I'm considering renting a covered trailer if there is enough participation!
Currently only one bed is taken but the offer is out to my riding buddies who get first dibs! After that I'm offering to pick up anyone interested along the way... any
friend regular reader of Fatty's is a friend potential Hitcher of mine!
If you are interested contact me through my blog or post a comment. Of course no promises... this could fall through at any time!
Technorati Tags: Bicycling Fit Club