Which File Extension Are You?
Well I 'm working late, so gotta take a break so I decided read some blogs and ran into Tejas Patel entry about What File Extension are you ? Questionnaire. I was sure I was gonna be a .CS but I guess I was wrong.
PS. That what you get for leaving all answers blank
Check it out ( Which File Extension are You? ) at http://www.bbspot.com/News/2004/10/extension_quiz.php . Now if you really have time to blow there are a couple more interesting questionnaires like Which Nigerian Spammer Are you ? or Which OS are you ? .
Looking for volunteers
If you live in or near Hamilton, St Catharines, Niagara Falls and have some free time, I want to talk to you.
I want to get a .NET User group going that serves the Southeastern part of Ontario. I think we need one as the closest ones are the Kitchener-Waterloo and the GTA clubs which if you don't work in Toronto will take you 60-90 minutes to get to a meeting.
I really want to get this going before the end of the year, so if anyone wants to help, leave a comment with you email or contact information so we can get underway with a meeting to discuss roles and responsibilities of all persons interested in helping. Also to set the date(s) or club meetings.
If you don't want to post your email (due to spam), email me you contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org , and leave me a note on the comments so I know I have to check my email ( This is my public email, I use for initial contact, before I give you my real one)
Any Ideas or comments are very welcome
Thing to do in the GTA
1. The Visual Basic User Groups meets Tonight at 7:00 PM, the Topic is Using Crystal Reports with .NET, if you are interested is held at the North York Centre, second floor auditorium. It is Right on the Subway line so you don't have to drive.
You can get more information and join the User Group at http://www.tvbug.com/
2. The Toronto .NET User Group monthly meeting is Thursday, April 15 where MSDN is bringing its National User Group tour to our User Group. The topic will be "Building an End-to-End Application with the Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework"
It is held at Microsoft Canada, 1950 Meadowvale Blvd, Mississauga, which is between the 407 & the 401, means that you need to drive and suffer the rush hour traffic; I wish they could do it in a central location. Tough choice to make, The Apprentice 2 hour finale or the User Group meeting ? :-)
You can get more information and join the User Group at http://www.torontoug.net/
3. If you are in the East Side, there is a new User Group forming so u don't have to make it all the way to Mississauga, their first meeting is will meet on Tuesday, April 20 at the following location: 419 King St. W., Suite # 3550, Oshawa
You can get more information and join the User Group at http://www.torontoug.net/Other+Events/509.aspx
Thing I wish we could have done in the GTA
1. Dev Days 2004, totally bypassed Toronto, was or being held in lots of cities across USA but no Canadian City, no Toronto. Check http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/worldtour/
2. Visual Basic .NET World tour also doesn’t have any Canadian City scheduled, check http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/worldtour/
What’s going on here, doesn't Microsoft know thinks the Canadian Market is important? Correct me if I am wrong, please.
I decide to break free from the medieval time-bubble I am prisoner. Blogs were born, grew, matured and I didn't pay attention, or I chose not to pay that much attention, and I say (that much) because I read blogs, I just don't write, I didn’t have to write, it is cozy, but is not taking me anywhere and sometimes I got to say what I got to say, capish. So I decided it was time to start conveying my ideas, experiences, enlightenment and disappointments in the technology field to the rest of world.
So bear with me, I am not the best writer in the world and very close to the worst, but I can say that at least you will understand my point.
Thanks to Jeff for allowing me to park my blog @ geekswithblogs.net