Fervent Coder

Coding Towards Utopia...by Rob Reynolds
posts - 278 , comments - 431 , trackbacks - 0

My Links

Rob Reynolds

About Me

I manage several open source projects. Need...
   ...package management for Windows?
   ...automated builds?
   ...database change management (migrations)?
   ...your application to check email?
   ...a monitoring utility?

I also write for

Like what you are reading? Want to buy me a cup of coffee?
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Image Galleries

Sites

From Zero to Continuous Integration Presentation: Tulsa TechFest 2008

Thanks to all who made it through my talk on Continuous Integration, as it was pretty dry with lots of page refreshing to show changes as we were building.  I am thinking this presentation isn't geared towards a fast format or I wasn't quite ready for it.  Either way, CI is an important tool to leverage anywhere code is being written, even if it is a dry talk. :D

Here are the files and the configuration that show how to connect up to SVN, VSS, TFS, and Vault. Also there is a triggered build in here to deploy after a successful build.

Print | posted on Thursday, October 9, 2008 4:13 PM | Filed Under [ Code ]

# re: From Zero to Continuous Integration Presentation: Tulsa TechFest 2008

I enjoyed the talk and enjoyed meeting you. I'm hoping to start using CI in one of my projects in the next couple of weeks.
10/12/2008 8:52 PM | Michael Paladino

# re: From Zero to Continuous Integration Presentation: Tulsa TechFest 2008

I was also at your presentation in Tulsa. I think you are being a bit hard on yourself. The talk was interesting. I had not used Cruise Control before. It looks like a useful tool.

Some, hopefully constructive, criticsm.

- You were a little bit hard to hear. A touch more volume would have helped.

- It might help to copy and paste some of the changes to the config file from a notepad document. I think that would ensure fewer typing errors and speed things up a bit.
10/13/2008 5:11 PM | Tim Noteboom

# re: From Zero to Continuous Integration Presentation: Tulsa TechFest 2008

@Tim: I was being a bit hard because I have done other presentations much better. I wasn't happy with how slow my computer was performing either.
10/13/2008 6:54 PM | Robz

# re: From Zero to Continuous Integration Presentation: Tulsa TechFest 2008

I wasn't happy with how slow my computer was performing either.

So you were running Windows? ;-)
11/5/2008 12:18 PM | ansong

# re: From Zero to Continuous Integration Presentation: Tulsa TechFest 2008

@ansong: Yep. :p
11/5/2008 4:12 PM | Robz
Comments have been closed on this topic.

Powered by: