Geeks With Blogs

News
Rob Reynolds

Subscribe to Fervent Coder RSS
Subscribe to Fervent Coder by Email

About Me

I manage several open source projects. Need...
   ...package management for Windows?
   ...automated builds?
   ...database change management (migrations)?
   ...your application to check email?
   ...a monitoring utility?

I also write for



Like what you are reading? Want to buy me a cup of coffee?
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Fervent Coder Coding Towards Utopia...by Rob Reynolds

Apparently the issue I was having has been fixed in the Report Viewer 2005 Service Pack 1 from April 2007. 

The Microsoft Technician mentioned this:

I tested your issue and it seems that it has already been fixed in the Report Viewer Redistributable SP1. I was able to reproduce the issue on version 8.0.50727.762 of the Report Viewer control and then I tried with 8.0.50727.817 and it worked correctly. Can you go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933137 and download/install the package.

Once that is done, it works as it should!  I hope it doesn't create other issues.  I have Visual Studio SP1 installed and it didn't install this fix.  So keep in mind that even though you have VS2005 SP1 installed, it includes some fixes for the ReportViewer, but it doesn't include all of the fixes in this package and there were some regression bugs introduced with VS2005 SP1.

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:28 PM Code | Back to top


Comments on this post: Reporting Services Fix - Report Viewer 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package

Comments are closed.
Comments have been closed on this topic.
Copyright © Robz / Fervent Coder | Powered by: GeeksWithBlogs.net | Join free