Geeks With Blogs
.NET DAD .NET, once more...

I am using SQL Repeorting Services in my project, for the first time. I have used only Crystal Reports in my entire career for reporting solutions.

We deployed the reports in our development server (Windows 2003 server), and it worked like a charm! But, problems came rising when we moved that to our Staging environment, which is a two server NLB cluster environent.

We were getting 401.1 Access Denied errors on all the reports. Did all the research, and had to open a ticket with Microsoft at the end. We were just 1 week away from our deadline! There were three things that we had to do to solve the issue:

1. Disable Loopback Adapter: 
Follow Method 1 on (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861/en-us)

2.In the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportServer\RSReportServer.config file:  Change URLRoot Element to reflect Shared Name FQDN

3.In the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\ReportManager\RSWebApplication.config:  Change ReportServerUrl to equal that in above step

4.Reboot the machine

Posted on Wednesday, January 4, 2006 1:03 AM .NET | Back to top


Comments on this post: SQL Reporting Services Issue - 401.1 (Access Denied) Error

No comments posted yet.
Your comment:
 (will show your gravatar)


Copyright © Rajeev Gopalakrishnan | Powered by: GeeksWithBlogs.net