Robert Scoble: How I read 1000 Weblogs a day.
1. Use RSS!
- Faster to load pages through RSS rather than browsing to every site manually.
- You only get the sites that have been updated. No need to check every site for new content.
- Content can be used by others.
- Not stuck with a browser, you can use your RSS reader of choice.
2. Word of mouth.
- Firefox has become so popular through word of mouth.
3. 9/11 and the Tsunami
- Robert created a PubSub feed related to the tsunami. Any blog post related to the tsunami will get posted to the PubSub feed within an hour.
4. Movements are started by five bloggers.
- Don't expect a link.
- Give bloggers something to talk about, get them to link to you by giving them something interesting (don't beg them).
What makes Robert unsubscribe:
- Boring content
- RSS feeds with headlines only. Robert reads blogs when not connected to the internet (like on the airplane or in a park).
Update: Changed wording to be northernvoice compliant.
Currently listening to: Robert Scoble