My Techie Blog

Windows Azure

Windows Azure

Windows Phone

WorkFlows

WSS V3

xml

I have set up the usage and analysis process to run from the sharepoint admin central.
It started working after 24 hours all good.
Then i noticed the search stopped working and the the site usage won't update on sites and subsites.
The administrator rebooted the server so immediately i could reason why the search wasn't working so i restarted the wss search service and made sure i started it with the right account and password which it did work .
Which i also did to the timer service because i taught that should link to the "site usage" and "usage and analysis process".
Only after waiting till the next day for the process to run i noticed the reports won't update and all i see is 0.
I got digging into it but no solution check the logs and all seemed well went to the Admin again double checked it and made sure all the services are running but still no show .

But i forgot i had another sharepoint installation on my dev so i set the usage and analysis process up and waited for the next day and bingo it worked . Started looking at the setup and permission differences and i found that it was a permission issue arggggg.

All it was is this 2 sharepoint accts the WSS_ADMIN_WPG and the WSS_WPG after giving them the right permissions read and write waited for the next day to have some data BINGO worked like a charm.

Hope this would save another developer's  time

posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:22 PM

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 12/4/2007 3:56 PM Frogger
hi, care to share which is the folder that you had added the WSS_ADMIN_WPG and the WSS_WPG accounts?
is it in here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\logs\
thx in advance!

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 12/5/2007 1:31 AM Patrick
Frogger,
Yes probably it must have been the logs folder.Sorry i didn't detail the solution in a proper way.If you have more issues let me know.

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 12/27/2007 9:47 PM DV
Everything is set proper (enabled usage analysis) and even the permission of the WSS_ADMIN_WPG and the WSS_WPG to the log folder is set properly. Even then the site usage report shows no data available.Is there anything else to set on for using reports ?
Help appreciated and Thanks

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 1/10/2008 6:41 PM DV
Are sure there is some data for the usage report to show.It normally takes to time for it to show due to the way it was built.Users needs to use the site for a while and then they you should see some data.

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 6/8/2008 7:08 PM Meera
Hi
I have the same problem with my servers. I have verified the SharePoint Services Search and Timer services in my server, both are running fine.

I have mapped the usage reports to c:\MOSSUAReports in CA. I am getting the updated folders list daily, but when i check the Site Usage Reports or Site Collection Reports links in the portal, i am not getting the updated data :(....

What could be the reason, please help me....

its urgent ASAP……..
Thanks in advance

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 6/12/2008 10:38 PM Ravi Sharma
Open the usage reports page in SPD. you will find exact numbers instead of Zeros in metrices.

cheers

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 7/15/2008 9:33 AM SharePoint Usage Reports
Save the trouble... for SharePoint usage and reports - use CardioLog, a new free version is coming soon.

Uri,
Intlock

www.intlock.com

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 9/19/2008 3:39 AM zamo
but i've a question: Spd2007 how read data of site for create report (usage, visitors..) visible in Spd2007 ?
which sql's table read ?

thank's

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 12/3/2008 5:29 AM Richard
Hey, I got usage reports to work, but only in the site, Sharepoint Designer only shows the old reports, not the new ones I get in the admin pages. Any ideas?

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage data,where it stores 12/14/2008 5:26 AM Arjun
Hi,
i want know no. of visitors,no. of hits to site in sharepoint for last 4 months.for this i have to write code in c#.
Can anybody tell me how i can do this?
These details in which database it stores?
which namespace i have to use.
Thanks in advance
Arjun

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 1/9/2009 1:47 PM Patrick
Arjun,
You can get some more info using Sharepoint Designer.
Look through the menu.If not try looking at the web services and see if there is something there you can use.
I'm sure you can get some info from the object model.
I think i will write up something and POST it soon.
Patrick

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 5/29/2009 5:30 PM Sani
Hi,
we had the same problem. The site usage report didn't update, better, it didn't show any data for last month, and when I checked the UsageAnalysis Log folder it was interesting that all todays events were written into yesterdays folder. We fixed that by installing the Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 Hotfix package (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968857/en-us) and the next day reporting started to work just fine.

Hope this will help.

Sani

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 6/13/2009 8:04 AM Fatima
hi
i have this problem too, my usage report work till last month but from last month it dosent shown any data i check it in sharepoint designer and see the report log file create but i cant see them on the sharepoint usage report, how can i do?

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 7/9/2009 6:44 AM Nick Kharchenko
MAPILab provides a very good SharePoint usage reporting solution: MAPILab Statistics for SharePoint. Detailed reports on visitors, documents, lists, search, etc. You can try its free trial version, or look through the online demo: http://www.mapilab.com/sharepoint/statistics/

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 11/6/2009 5:59 AM suresh
hi,
Can you plz tel me the how to change the site usage report font..

plz reply me..
thanks inadvance...

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 7/9/2010 9:39 AM sandeep
Hi,
How to change site usage logging and processing path on production server,moss 2007.I have WFE,Index and DB server.Is there any harm is doing so.

Thanks
~Sandeep

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 8/23/2010 1:23 AM Kris
I need to display top 5 users of the site without adding any perfomance issues. any ideas, please get back to me.

THanks
Kris

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 9/6/2010 7:19 PM Peter
Thanks Sani! If you ever visit Australia I'll buy you a beer :)

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 12/2/2010 9:09 PM Sreenivas
Hi,

My case is little different.I have sharepoint designer2007 in my production server.That Sharepoint designer is not showing the updated usage reports.It is showing from 2008 Nov to 2009 Apr.But if i look in the site directly site is showing updated report.But Why not in the Sharepoint designer?

# re: Sharepoint Site Usage Report won't update 2/10/2012 2:48 AM Mikhail
There is HarePoint Analytics for SharePoint: the essential web-analytics solution for SharePoint-based sites and portals. More 50 reports, wide customisation, great features.
Homepage: http://www.harepoint.com/Products/HarePointAnalyticsForSharePoint/Default.aspx