My Techie Blog

Windows Azure

Windows Azure

Windows Phone

WorkFlows

WSS V3

xml

When installing Sql Server 2005/2000 you propbably had  options of installing it using  Mixed mode Authentication (Sql server and Windows Authentication or Windows Authentication.

But i think i must have chosen Windows Auth since its recommended and more secured.So on my Sql Server 2005 i created a user login and gave some it some access to some database,table objects etc..

Only when i tried logging in using the username i got the error "
Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection".

I was already pulling my hair out since i knew sql 2005 has some other secure features and new configs involved.
But at the end i figured it out that it was trying to use an acct which it wasn't configured.I did switch the Authentication to mixed mode and it worked like a charm.

To do the switch just expand to your datbase instance right click properties and go to security or something related in sql 2005.

Hope this will save someone elses time

posted on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:28 PM

# re: Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection 4/15/2008 7:13 PM Akshay
It just did!
thanks a ton

# re: Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection 6/12/2008 8:04 AM Matt P
And me as well! Thank you!

# re: Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection 1/25/2009 7:59 PM StrsAdmin
That was very helpful and right now saved me from a lot of stress. Be sure to always write "Authentication", "Account" fully and always use capital I's to avoid confusion for non-English viewers. Thank you.

# re: Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection 3/9/2009 6:47 AM Zack
i am using an odbc dsn connection ,it gives me the error despite having the mixedmode .

# re: Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection 1/30/2010 7:49 AM Avishek
great! It worked for me as well....do posting ....

# re: Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection 3/10/2010 5:55 AM febin
Dear All
Unable to create a connection with SQL server Database its in Localmachine and Visual Basic.Net. Getting error as mentioned above. I checked Authentication Mode its Already in Mixed Mode (Windows/SQL Authentication Mode)

# re: Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection 6/17/2010 9:29 AM Feras
you're fantastic

I really Thank you

this helped me well

# re: Error The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection 8/31/2010 8:29 AM Hari Shankar
Thanks !!!! U really saved my time :)