Michael Stephenson

keeping your feet on premise while your heads in the cloud
posts - 356 , comments - 418 , trackbacks - 11

My Links

News

View Michael Stephenson's profile on BizTalk Blog Doc View Michael Stephenson's profile on LinkedIn

Twitter












Archives

Post Categories

Image Galleries

BizTalk

Mates

Oracle DB Adapter Namespace

Problem

In development everything worked fine, but when i deployed to system test I got an error when my orchestration made a call to the Oracle Db Adapter.  The DSN on system test was to a different database and had a different name than in development.  I had updated my bindings to reflect this but was getting an error that the DSN could not be found.

Solution

I forgot that the namespace on the schema for the call to the Oracle DB Adapter contains the name of the DSN in the namespace.  When i changed this it worked fine.  So it seems to be that the DSN name, DSN name in the bindings for the port and also the name in the schema namespace must all match.

As a recommendation it would be best to have a common name for the DSN which is not environment specific and in the setup for each environment just configure the DSN differently.

 

Print | posted on Friday, October 13, 2006 12:07 PM | Filed Under [ BizTalk ]

Feedback

No comments posted yet.
Post A Comment
Title:
Name:
Email:
Comment:
Verification:
 
 

Powered by: