Marko Apfel - Afghanistan/Belgium/Germany

BizTalk

C#

Enterprise Library

SAP

SQL Server

Technologie

Today I’ve installed the Technology Preview of Windows 10 onto my Xen Server. With the XenCenter program under an existing Windows 8.1 installation it was an easy task. But this Win 8.1 runs virtualized via Parallels and Bootcamp on my MacBook. That creates a double windowing – first the virtualized window of Win 8.1 with XenCenter and inside XenCenter the windows of the XenServer hosted Windows 10. This is not nice.

But we can shortcut that by using the Remote Desktop App for Mac OS X (you can find it in the App Store). Configuring a remote desktop connection is easy but it ended up in an error, that the connection couldn’t be established. Sounds like an issue where the RDP access has to be opened on the Windows 10.

And right, after doing the following I got my RDP session with a much better user experience – no lacks anymore and fluent like a local session.

1. Right click Start button and chose “System”
    image
  2. Click the link “Remote Settings”
    image
  3. Activate “Allow remote connections to this computer” and tick the checkbox
    image
  4. Click the button “Select Users”
  5. Add your account(s) to the list
    image
  6. In the “Select Users” dialog you have to use this schema:
    your_machine_name\your_login
    Use the button “Check Names” to resolve and/or check it
    image
posted on Thursday, January 8, 2015 6:56 PM

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 7/8/2015 12:49 AM Marc
What if the remote desktop section does not show up? Only remote assistance?

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 7/8/2015 6:22 PM Marko Apfel
Maybe they have changed the logic. But with a two weeks old Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview I have no issues. Works as described.

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 7/31/2015 6:57 PM daniel
If remote desktop doesn't show up, it usually means you are running Home edition. You will need to upgrade to Pro edition

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 8/9/2015 9:10 AM Dan
The "insider/tech preview" or "professional" vs home version of windows 10 may allow this setting, but I just received my free update this weekend to windows 10 home. The screens you have posted for steps 3-6 do not exist. I can't connect to either my or my wife's machines from a linux or windows 7 client any more.

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 8/13/2015 1:24 PM Julio
Marko, hello.
I have set everything up, accordingly with this "tutorial", and the RDP client keeps not finding the host!
I have tried with the machine name, the IP, an external domain, with the correct router settings (NAT).
Previously I was using windows 8.1 with the same settings on both sides, and worked like a charm.
Do you have any idea what I can try?
Thanks in advance!

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 8/13/2015 1:30 PM Julio
Marko and everyone,
Sorry, but the little "schmuk" here just figured out that the network type was "Public" and the firewall was blocking it.
So I changed the network type, and everything is working again.

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 10/23/2015 4:13 PM Fed
Julio: where do I find Network Public and what do I change it to get RDP working. I have the exact issues you had.
Thanks

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 2/4/2016 9:04 PM Bent
Something can be learned of value from each blog and it’s thread of comments.

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 1/11/2017 9:09 PM robert
I have a W7 Pro machine that can't RDP to a W10 Pro machine. The W7 machine can see the W10 machine on the network and access files. But the RDP connection times out and gives the typical remote access not turned on, not on the network etc.., but it is. Also, the W10 machine can RDP to the W7 machine with no issues. help...

# Теxаs-set 'Кіng оf thе Hіll' соntinuеs ітs rеign іn таttoos shаrеd on Insтagrаm 1/15/2017 7:15 AM GamaCilt
А мash-uр of Наnk Hill and Dаvіd Bоwie, a nod то тhе "thug lіfе" оf Воbby Ніll a nudе рin-uр vеrsіon of Рeggy Нill — tаtтoo аrtists strетch тhе сrеаtivе realм thаt "Кіng оf the Ніll" rulеs yеаrs аfтеr тhe sеrіes finalе.
Mіке Judgе's fоllow-uр то МТV's "Beаvіs and Butтhеаd" mаdе ітs dеbuт on Fоx 20 on Jаnuary 12, 1997 and wеnt оn тo bесоmе one оf тhe nеtwоrк's lоngеst running series wiтh 13 seаsоns аnd 259 episodes.
Sеt in тhе ficтіоnаl sмаll town оf Arlеn, Tеxas, тhе shоw follows тhе wаcкy, rеlаtаblе faміly оf Hаnк, Pеggy and Bоbby Нill аnd thеir friends аnd neighbors.
Althоugh notаbly тамеr тhan тhе тоileт huмоr оf "Bеаvis аnd Butтhеаd," KОTH мanаged то сouсh tоngue-in-chеек, мildly raunсhy jоkes in тhе linеs оf cоnsеrvaтіvе chаrасtеr fасed with silly buт рlausible stоry linеs.
[url=http://home.14p.in/first-drive_-tesla-model-s-_-car-reviews-_-the-car-expert-car-fuel-cost-calculator-in-india]car fuel cost calculator in india[/url]

# re: Activating RDP access for Windows 10 7/14/2017 5:57 AM AM
How many clients can take a remote session at the same time.