In a former version of a project wiki on Github was a separation between the page filename and page title. So we build up our Wiki in a manner, that some well defined prefixes in the filename describe the overall context of the particular page.
At the page themselves we used a title-tag on top of the page to get the title in the rendered HTML-page.
Here “= Tabelle: Anhänge bzw. Attachments” for the page with filename “data+table+Attachment”.
This was rendered as
- there is a file “data+table+Attachment”
- and a title-tag “= Tabelle: Anhänge bzw. Attachments”
- as well as a rendering with the title “Tabelle: Anhänge bzw. Attachments”.
This was fine.
Now the Github-Wiki uses the title of the page as the filename and vice versa. This ends up in a cluttered file system and also in suppressing titles in the page themselves.
So this page
As we could see:
- the title tag “= Organisation: IT-Infrastruktur” is not more rendered.
- Instead the filename “organisation+IT Infrastructure” is choosen as the title for the page.
I reported this by Github again and hope for a fix.