Marko Apfel - Afghanistan/Belgium/Germany

Management, Architecture, Programming, QA, Coach, GIS, EAI

Home  |   Contact  |   Syndication    |   Login
  182 Posts | 2 Stories | 163 Comments | 4 Trackbacks

Twitter | LinkedIn | Xing

Enterprise Library

SQL Server

There are some links in google to do this. But no hint works for me.

So I tried some own ideas. And indeed – I found a simple solution without registry editing and so on.

1. Get the actual location of “Unfiled Notes”
    1. Start OneNote
    2. File > Options
    3. Save & Backup
    4. look for the entry “Unfiled Notes Section”
      by default this is “C:\Users\***\Documents\OneNote Notebooks\Unfiled”
    5. Close OneNote (and also the Side Note tool in the tray)!
  2. Move the “Unfiled” to the new location
  3. Reconnect the “Unfiled Notes”
    1. Double Click “Unfiled”
      this opens a session-based Notebook (under “Unfiled Notes”)
    2. File > Options
    3. Save & Backup
    4. select the entry “Unfiled Notes Section” and press Modify
    5. Choose the “Unfiled Notes” from session-based Notebook
    6. Select, Ok
    7. Close OneNote
  4. Restart OneNote
    • Now “Unfiled Notes” should be working on the new location
posted on Friday, July 20, 2012 10:22 AM

# re: OneNote: Change location of Unfiled Notes 9/11/2012 11:44 PM PK
This was a brilliant solution. I've searched the internet several times for a solution to this problem and all I could find was the editing of the register which I did not want to do. This solution was perfect. I had my unfiled notes sync'd to a shared drive but I changed the drive letter and could not get the unfiled notes fixed; until now.
thank you!!!

# re: OneNote: Change location of Unfiled Notes 12/17/2012 5:59 PM Westward
Thank you very much for this - it saved me a lot of time when I accidentally moved my Unfiled Notes! Worked like a charm.

# re: OneNote: Change location of Unfiled Notes 12/27/2012 1:27 AM RedJ
very helpful, thank you. the location of my home drive got moved on the network, and your instructions were great.

# re: OneNote: Change location of Unfiled Notes 4/18/2014 4:09 PM Patrick Parkison
This worked great for me. I have updated from an earlier version of Office to Office 2013, and wanted to change my layout.
Thanks for the tip.

# re: OneNote: Change location of Unfiled Notes 9/30/2014 7:37 PM Pete
This was exactly what I needed.