This post is just to show some of the screenshots of the EMR software that we developed and deployed in the past few weeks in our clinic. Some of the features include:
- Patient Registration
- Return visit entry and scheduling
- Entry for Patient history, Vital signs, ART History, Online Prescriptions, Online lab orders, Counseling, Workflow
- Role base security with windows based authentication
- Office 2007 Themes (Don’t know whether to call this a feature) Thanks to Component Factory
The lab requisitions view
Some technical summary
- Based on a custom plugin framework
- SQL Server 2005 (can be configured for any database)
- Uses Krypton Components from Component Factory
- Uses Fastreport.NET from
- .NET Framework 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008
- Nant for unit testing
- Cruise Control & Subversion for Continuous Integration
- Currently about 30 users online and using the system, simultaneously, they will increase to 60 before the end of the month as we include more users.
Things to do in the soon future
- Axum – there is need to fully utilise the processor power, therefore a parallel approach will increase efficiency of out applications.
- Biometrics – verification of U are U.
- SQL Server Business Intelligence suite – for analytical purposes
- SQL Server reporting services / Some custom reporting portal
- Touch screen computers for vital signs / embedded software supporting devices for vital signs
- Add plugins for research modules