XAF DSL Installer Available

OK.  Now that I have time to look at it, I also added an installer (MSI format) for everyone.  You can download the installer and not have to worry about the source code anymore.  This will allow you to more quickly get up and running with it and use it out of the box.

You can download the latest source code and installer from http://xafdsl.codeplex.com.

Thanks

Print | posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 4:03 PM

# re: XAF DSL Installer Available

left by Alain at 9/1/2009 7:20 PM Gravatar
Patrick, great product, only few tips...

The installer works ok if you download the installer and the readme file, if you only download the installer, the installation fails because the readme file is missing

If you not define a base class, the code generated have a : symbol, causing an error at compiling time

Where I can put the attribute Aggregated to my Associations?

Where I can change the name of my 1..N relationship, to use some name diferent of Name of my classes.

Kind regards

# re: XAF DSL Installer Available

left by Alain at 9/1/2009 7:36 PM Gravatar
Few more...

The boolean values of the flags is generated with upcase..."F"alse and "T"rue, that are invalids values in C#.

Where I can change the display name of class? (apply Custom("Caption"..."newclassname") attribute, I resolved this issues applying the attribute to the other part of the class.. and works.

We need an string field per-validation attribute to set the message of the validation...for example, to set what message display if NameOfSchool property is a required property.

Kind regards

# re: XAF DSL Installer Available

left by Alain at 9/2/2009 6:27 PM Gravatar
Hi Patrick

I check again the release Version 1.0.0.1 (Quick Fixes)

And have some tips:

Where I can put the attribute Aggregated to my Associations?

I think that Creatable and Navigable attribute must be set by default in TRUE

Regards

# re: XAF DSL Installer Available

left by Alain at 9/2/2009 6:33 PM Gravatar
Which is the effect of :

- Collection Name
- Single Property Name

I think that I know the effect, but nothing happen right now when I set this properties.

Regards,

# re: XAF DSL Installer Available

left by Patrick Liekhus at 9/2/2009 9:12 PM Gravatar
Thanks for the comments Alain. I am working on some of these changes as you suggested.

The CollectionName and SinglePropertyName fields are working towards naming the sides of the relationships. I have not completed this yet, but it is process.

Thanks

# re: XAF DSL Installer Available

left by Alain at 9/2/2009 10:30 PM Gravatar
I publish my comments in Issues section on codeplex.

This product is amazing, Patrick !!!

Thanks a lot by your commitment to bring DSL to XAF world !

The critical showstopper right now is the aggregated attribute.

Kind Regards, Alain