A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

For those of you who installed V4.1 of MVVM Light and created a project for Windows Phone 8, you will have noticed an error showing up in the design surface (either in Visual Studio designer, or in Expression Blend). The error says: “Could not load type ‘System.ComponentModel.INotifyPropertyChanging’ from assembly ‘mscorlib.extensions’” with additional information about version numbers.

Read the rest of this entry »

Print | posted on Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:26 PM

# re: A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

left by Wot at 12/11/2012 7:07 AM Gravatar
I'm sorry, my English is very rotten!
In WP7 project I add MVVMLight_V4_1_25_WP71 the four new DLL, it indicates that the project is as follows: unable to add to a senior version or not compatible programs reference! This reason is what? Thank you very much

# re: A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

left by Anton at 12/16/2012 6:59 AM Gravatar
Wot, I faced the same issue, however when I "unlocked" the zip archive the problem disappeared.

# re: A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

left by Jim at 12/17/2012 10:39 AM Gravatar
It seems the WP7.1 link is broken. Can you restore it?

Thanks!

# re: A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

left by Laurent at 12/17/2012 2:14 PM Gravatar
Sorry, I made some fixes and forgot to update the article. Please use http://sdrv.ms/UUyOfU and I will fix the article now.

# re: A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

left by Benoist LUGNIER at 12/19/2012 10:18 AM Gravatar
New link MVVMLight_V4_1_26.zip

hope this will help

Benoist LUGNIER

# re: A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

left by Wot at 12/19/2012 5:15 PM Gravatar
Hi Laurent!Thank you very much for your help! Let my code can work! Thank you very much!

# re: A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

left by Manfred at 12/29/2012 5:19 PM Gravatar
I hope you'll find the time to propagate this version to nuget soon. That will keep my solutions 'clean' (and almost all my WP7/W(P)8 projects depend on Mvvm Light :-o ).

Manfred

# re: A fix for the design time error in MVVM Light V4.1

left by Daniel at 3/21/2013 2:10 AM Gravatar
Hi Laurent, I'm using VS 2010.. should I use version 4 RTM or there is a 4.1 for VS 2010 ?
Thanks
(cant find it on codeflex)
Comments have been closed on this topic.