MVVM Light V4.1 with support for Windows Phone 8

Today is a very exciting day: After the official release of Windows 8 (and Microsoft Surface!) on Friday, and the official release of Windows Phone 8 on Monday, the Build conference is starting! This is the conference in which we will learn all about the developer experience for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.

As a partner of Microsoft, I had the privilege of trying out some of the new things early, and this gave me the opportunity to port MVVM Light to Windows Phone 8 (it was already running for Windows 8), and today I am officially publishing this new version.

Read the rest of this entry »

Print | posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:11 PM

# Templates for adding a "New Item"

left by Daman at 11/1/2012 5:37 PM Gravatar
Hi Laurent, Great to see a Windows Phone 8 compatible version of MVVM Light. I have used the framework extensively with Windows phone 7 and loved it.

On Windows phone 8, I created a MVVM Light (WP8)project within Visual Studio 2012 Premium and am now trying to add new MVVM light Views and ViewModels, however i don't see WP8 options available for adding those templates. All I see in the available templates are SL and WPF templates. Is the idea to use one of these for WP8 as well ?
Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

left by Stefan at 11/3/2012 12:41 AM Gravatar
I am having a big problem with my application since I started using MVVM Light: I am not able to publish it via ClickOnce anymore.

The System.Windows.Interactivity DLL is causing some kind of problem in the installation process. Upon execution of my ClickOnce package I get the error message 'Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly System.Windows.Interactivity Version 4.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache first.'

The application runs fine locally, the DLL is set to copy local and searching for resolutions didn't help either.

I have replicated the problem in a blank project. I can't be the only one experiencing this, can I?

Would like to learn more about MVVM Light, but for know it seems like a lost cause for me.

left by Imgen Tata at 11/7/2012 4:38 PM Gravatar
Is the issue with "clr-namespace" on Windows 8 fixed? It's no big deal but very annoying

left by Yannick at 11/13/2012 7:18 PM Gravatar
Bonjour,

J'ai Visual Studio 2012 Pro en anglais et après avoir installé la version ci-dessus de MVVM Light je n'ai pas les templates de projets.

Dans un projet j'ai mappé les dlls WP8 mais j'ai une erreur dans la ViewModelLocator !

Merci

left by Laurent at 11/13/2012 8:05 PM Gravatar
Hello,

Pour les templates, il faut absolument lire le readme, je les installe maintenant en utilisant un VSIX qu'il faut executer. Voir le fichier sous Start / MVVM Light / Readme.html.

Pour l'erreur, quelle est-elle? Est-ce une erreur de design? Si oui, voir cet article:

Merci
Laurent

left by Evgeni at 11/22/2012 4:56 PM Gravatar
Yannick, run VSIX-file under Administrator account if you use VS under Administrator account.

left by DenysC at 12/12/2012 8:54 PM Gravatar
Bonjour Laurent,

J'ai installé la nouvelle version MVVM Light V4.1 et l'ai testé sur des applications Windows Phone 7.1 migrées vers Windows Phone 8. Je dois dire que les modifications apportées ont été vraiment mineures, une fois les updates de dlls MVVMLight effectués, tout roule maintenant super bien. No problemo...
J'adore MVVMLight et ne peut m'en passer. La saga va donc continuer en version 8 [Windows Phone 8 + Windows 8 Store].

Merci beaucoup Laurent, ta contribution est fort appréciée.

left by Yannick at 12/16/2012 9:54 AM Gravatar
J'ai appliqué le remplacement des dlls mais tien n'y fait...

toujours le même problème.

Cela fonctionne avec VS 2012 et une application WP8 mais par pour VS2012 et une application WP7

left by Laurent at 12/16/2012 10:54 AM Gravatar
Yep the problem doesn't want to go away.

I am going to push tonight some dlls without INotifyPropertyChanging, that should do it. In parallel I also have a query to friends from the Blend team, they will check that out in a few days,

Cheers
Laurent

left by Laurent Bugnion at 12/16/2012 10:54 PM Gravatar
For WP7.1, please try the DLLs here:

I temporarily removed the INotifyPropertyChanging interface implementation from Windows Phone 7.1. All the other frameworks are unchanged. In parallel, I have asked my friends from the Expression Blend team to look at the issue. Hopefully we can restore the full functionality soon.

I will publish these DLLs to the MSI installer and NuGet in the next few days.

Cheers,
Laurent

left by Fabrizio Starred at 12/29/2012 5:24 PM Gravatar
To Daman:
Try to uninstall and reinstall all, visx included.
I had the same issue but I solved doing what I wrote above

left by Dick van den Burg at 3/22/2013 9:59 AM Gravatar
I have the same problem with the item templates not installing for windows phone 8. Digging through the MvvmLight.VS2012.vsix file I could not find and item templates for WP8. The project templates in the vsix installed fine.
I am using Visual Studio 2012 Update 1.
I tried uninstalling MvvmLight and the templates, but that did not help, most likely because the item templates seem to be missing in the vsix.

left by Tom Harris at 5/25/2013 2:32 AM Gravatar
I have the item template as well. The problem, as Dick describes is that the files are missing from the vsix file. You can see this in the source area as well. There are no WP8 files in the Installer\InstallItems\GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Templates\ItemTemplates\WindowsPhone directory, only WP7 files. Hope this helps.

left by Benoist LUGNIER at 6/28/2013 12:41 AM Gravatar
Bonjour Laurent,

Je suis confirmé en VS2012 et C#. J'ai également un MCP WP7.
Je ne comprends pas comment utiliser ton outil et je ne trouve pas de tuto simple pour commencer en WP8.

Aurais tu un lien.

En te remerciant

Benoist

left by Blake McNeill at 8/13/2013 1:01 PM Gravatar
Is there a solution for the missing templates for Windows Phone 8 with Visual Studio 2012? I used Nuget to download MVVM Light into my project but don't have any templates.
Comments have been closed on this topic.