Fixing the #mvvmlight code snippets in Visual Studio 11

If you installed the latest MVVM Light version for Windows 8, you may encounter an issue where code snippets are not displayed correctly in the Intellisense popup. I am working on a fix, but for now here is how you can solve the issue manually.

Read the rest of this entry ยป

Print | posted on Friday, April 6, 2012 12:07 PM

# re: Fixing the #mvvmlight code snippets in Visual Studio 11

left by vietnam online at 4/13/2012 10:40 AM Gravatar
Really helpful post. Thank you very much. I've done to fix my problem!

# re: Fixing the #mvvmlight code snippets in Visual Studio 11

left by Victor at 4/19/2012 3:36 AM Gravatar
Brilliant, thank you! I installed the toolkit in VS2010 for a WP7 app and didn't have the snippets.

# re: Fixing the #mvvmlight code snippets in Visual Studio 11

left by Laurent at 4/19/2012 10:51 AM Gravatar
For info, this is fixed in the next release (V4 RC, the installer will come out in the next few days).

Cheers,
Laurent

# re: Fixing the #mvvmlight code snippets in Visual Studio 11

left by Karl at 11/5/2012 8:02 AM Gravatar
Hi Laurent, I've installed latest version of MVVMlight for VS2012. But the code snippets aren't there. So I applied this fix manually - now snippets are shown in the Code Snippets Manager. Unfortunately I still cannot type them out using shortcuts. What else can be done? (Im using Win7, with Resharper 7.0 installed)

# re: Fixing the #mvvmlight code snippets in Visual Studio 11

left by Karl at 11/5/2012 8:53 AM Gravatar
For some reason, after a restart it works now. Thank you for all the great stuff!

# re: Fixing the #mvvmlight code snippets in Visual Studio 11

left by Jamey at 1/17/2013 8:31 PM Gravatar
I am using VS2010 and just uninstalled mvvmlight 4.0.23.1 and ran the CleanOldFiles.exe. I used the NuGet command to install the latest version on my project and now I have no code snippets or directory to point to as directed in this article. What now?
Comments have been closed on this topic.