MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

There was already a version of MVVM Light on Nuget before. However the old version did not support Windows Phone 7. This is now corrected. Also the new version now adds a ViewModelLocator to your project and includes it in App.xaml.

What is NuGet?

NuGet is a mechanism allowing to add packages (assemblies, source code…) to an existing project. All versions of MVVM Light are supported (WPF3.5, WPF4, Silverlight 3, Silverlight 4, Windows Phone 7).

In order to install NuGet and learn more about this cool package manager, go to http://nuget.org

Read the rest of this entry »

Print | posted on Saturday, May 7, 2011 10:18 PM

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Nikhil at 5/11/2011 4:06 PM Gravatar
I have been successful binding the application bar controls in WP7 using MVVM light. All I'm doing is creating a dependency property and then binding that in the xaml and creating the app bar in c# code. Thanks for creating the MVVM light.

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Philippe at 5/14/2011 11:31 AM Gravatar
Tryed it on a project create with the Panorama Application template. Works fine.

I see just a little "disturbing" effect. The original template contains a ViewModels directory. So after I installed MvvmLight, I get a ViewModel and a ViewModels directory (both having a MainViewModel).

Perhaps would be better if the code reuses the existing ViewModels directory.

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Laurent Bugnion at 5/16/2011 12:11 PM Gravatar
Yeah I hear you unfortunately the ways I have to generate folders is limited in NuGet (or maybe I didn't find the right way). I try to stay as "light" as possible in what I generate in order to avoid this kind of issues, but this is hard...

Cheers,
Laurent

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Alan Wooley at 5/20/2011 3:43 AM Gravatar
Laurent, you absolutely ROCK! Being here in Japan, I have never had a chance to actually attend your sessions at MIX, but I get your message through Channel 9 and places like here. I am really glad for what you brought to the Silverlight table.
Silverlight and WPF is still in its infancy here, but my group and I are starting into it, and you MVVM Light is going to give us a great kick-start to do it the right way.
Thanks,
Alan Wooley

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Laurent at 5/20/2011 2:05 PM Gravatar
Hi,

Thanks so much for the kind words. I would love nothing much coming to Japan for a conference some day :)

Cheers,
Laurent

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Doguhan Uluca at 6/1/2011 9:09 PM Gravatar
Laurent,

What do you think about distributing the beta version of V4 through NuGet as well? This way we can get updates automatically and it'd be easier to work with multiple versions of MvvmLight across different projects.

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Laurent at 6/1/2011 9:50 PM Gravatar
Hi,

Yes I want to do that absolutely. I was just quite busy with the installer lately ;) but I will publish a V4 beta on Nuget soon.

Cheers,
Laurent

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Doguhan Uluca at 6/1/2011 9:56 PM Gravatar
An installer?! That's great to hear. I think that'll open up MvvmLight to a whole lot more people.
However, at least if you're working with VS2010, I think NuGet is fast emerging as the best delivery mechanism for these kinds of things.

Cheers.

# re: MVVM Light V3 on NuGet (now with WP7 support)

left by Laurent at 6/1/2011 10:09 PM Gravatar
Totally agree with you, I love NuGet too which is why I delivered V3 on there very fast. I need a different package for V4 beta obviously, that will come soon ;)

Cheers,
Laurent
Comments have been closed on this topic.