Posts
149
Comments
1863
Trackbacks
Windows 8 Consumer Preview and HP Printer drivers

Granted Windows 8 Consumer Preview is only 2 months old but you would expect most common Printers to work with it. This wasn't the case when I tested a HP Deskjet Printer with it. Although HP has released a tool to help find Windows 8 Printer drivers (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Consumer-Preview/How-to-Get-Your-Inkjet-Printer-Working-with-Windows-8-Consumer/td-p/1334287). However, it seems that not all HP Printers are supported.

A solution that worked for me was to manually install a HP PCL driver via the Windows Add Device, hopefully this will help others who have a similar issue.

posted on Thursday, May 3, 2012 6:04 AM Print
Comments
# re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview and HP Printer drivers
VIKAS
11/1/2012 4:37 AM
I have HP laserjet M 1005 MFP printer. I have window 8 and unable to connect. Please
reply how i will able to connect. Will there will be a patch file for their connectivity. When it will be launched.
Plz reply me at vicky_narula390@yahoo.com
# re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview and HP Printer drivers
sarah
11/7/2012 1:46 AM
I recently tested the new windows and quite like it. Hope Microsoft continues with the improvements...
# re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview and HP Printer drivers
ashish himdhar
12/1/2012 1:00 AM
I have hp printer DJ1050. I m installing driver in my os sys. windows8 but can not support my os system.plz help me as soon possible.
plz plz....
my email id.- ashish.him35@gmail.com
# re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview and HP Printer drivers
Abhi
2/24/2013 2:16 AM
I have HP Laserjet 1020 plus printer.But It's not able to connect with windows 8.Plz told me how can I find the driver of my printer for Windows 8.
# re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview and HP Printer drivers
Abhi
2/24/2013 2:18 AM
I have HP laerjet 1020 plus printer. But it is not able to connect with Windows8. Plz give me any suggestion that can I find driver for my printer on Windows 8.

My email id is= abhishekmalhotra51@yahoo.com