I'm sure I can't be the only one who had problems trying to sync up my contacts between a Sony Ericsson mobile phone and a Windows Mobile based phone. The following are some of the PIM programs I've tried and I can report that the latest version of Sony Ericsson PC Suite now supports syncing your contacts to Microsoft Outlook! I'm pretty sure this is a recent feature addition as I have used the Sony Ericsson PC Suite before and never saw the syncing to Outlook option.
PIM Outlook contacts management:
- Sony Ericsson PC Suite (version 4.010.00 as of writing) download link1 download link2
- Sync contacts between Sony Ericsson mobile phone and Outlook (Windows Mobile)
- Float mobile agent download link1
- Supports a lot of different platform, installation is a bit strange, requires some Script Engine to be installed.
- Web based contacts management, supports various different mobile phones including Sony Ericsson and Windows Mobile Phones (e.g. HTC, ETEN). I didn't have a good experience using this website as I lost all my Sony Ericsson mobile contacts at one point when the ZYB Synchronization program failed.
A word of warning: Make sure you backup your Outlook contacts (Export to .PST or to Excel) and Sony Ericsson contacts (PC Suite backup/restore) first before attemping to sync your contacts between Sony Ericsson and Windows Mobile, I found that Microsoft Outlook does not always merge contacts correctly, resulting in the loss of your contacts!