Employee Info Starter Kit is a ASP.NET based web application, which includes very simple user requirements, where we can create, read, update and delete (crud) the employee info of a company. Based on just a database table, it explores and solves most of the major problems in web development architectural space.
This open source starter kit extensively uses major features available in latest Visual Studio, ASP.NET and Sql Server to make robust, scalable, secured and maintainable web applications quickly and easily.
Since it's first release, this starter kit achieved a huge popularity in web developer community and includes 1,50,000+ downloads from project web site.
Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0 came up with lots of exciting features to make software developers life easier. A new version (v4.0.0) of Employee Info Starter Kit is now available in both MSDN Code Gallery and CodePlex. Checkout the latest version of this starter kit to enjoy cool features available in Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0.
[ Release Notes ]
- Simple 2 layer architecture (user interface and data access layer) with 1 optional cache layer
- ASP.NET Web Form based user interface
- Custom Entity Data Container implemented (with primitive C# types for data fields)
- Active Record Design Pattern based Data Access Layer, implemented in C# and Entity Framework 4.0
- Sql Server Stored Procedure to perform actual CRUD operation
- Standard infrastructure (architecture, helper utility) for automated integration (bottom up manner) and unit testing
- Web server side: C# 4.0
- Database server side: T-SQL
.NET Framework Components
Visual Studio Features
- Visual Studio 2010 CodedUI Test
- Visual Studio 2010 Layer Diagram
- Visual Studio 2010 Sequence Diagram
- Visual Studio 2010 Directed Graph
- Visual Studio 2005+ Database Unit Test
- Visual Studio 2005+ Unit Test
- Visual Studio 2005+ Web Test
- Visual Studio 2005+ Load Test
Sql Server Features
- Sql Server 2005 Stored Procedure
- Sql Server 2005 Xml type
- Sql Server 2005 Paging support