Here's a handy tip when you are trying to learn how the components of the Service Factory works. I've found it very useful over the last couple of weeks.
Since the Service Factory now gets registered under the Visual Studio Experimental Hive you can configure the solution so you can debug it. If you are familiar with debugging DSLs, this should be nothing new. Just follow the steps below:
- Set the Service Factory Guidance Package as the Start-Up Project by right-clicking on the project and selecting "Set as Start-Up Project".
- Change the Service Factory Guidance Package Project's debug settings to launch Visual Studio under the Experimental Hive:
- Right click on the Service Factory Guidance Package Project and select "Properties".
- Select the Debug Tab
- Configure the Start Action to Start External Program and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe or where ever you have installed Visual Studio for the program.
- Set the Start Options, Command Line Arguments to /rootsuffix Exp
Now you can set breakpoints in the Service Factory code and press F5 to walk through the code in the debugger.